Next time a JW tells you that you shouldn't let your children go to college ...

by EdenOne 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Tell them THIS:

Eden

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

NICE!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I like your reasoning, but I find "Fuck off!" a more concise, and therefore more effective, response.

If you prefer something perhaps a tad more genteel, you might try, "Could you PUH-LEEZE just mind your own business?"

• Mary
    Mary

Or you could even show them this fav from 45 years ago. See what they say:

Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15 - "If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. ... Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in highschool and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!"

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Mary, coincidently, I've posted a meme with that quote on another thread today...

Eden

• steve2
    steve2

The God policy: If your children engage in bad behaviour, don't try to win them back with unconditional love; kill them.

• alanv
    alanv

I had first hand expierence of being told I would never have time to get a good job after higher education. So I broke my apprentership and regular pioneered for several years. Then when I was ready to settle down with a family I found I had zero qualifications so had to get a crap job to survive.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

And one day you wake up, and find your in you 50's, with NOTHING to even start to think about retiring with! And in bad enough shape that, you have no clue what to DO!

Dwain

• designs
  • AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Dwain: And one day you wake up, and find your in you 50's, with NOTHING to even start to think about retiring with! And in bad enough shape that, you have no clue what to DO!

Exactly.

Don't worry, though...Big J will take care of all your needs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit