Examples of Watchtower lying to the press?

by punkofnice 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Good idea this Thread Punk, when it is complete perhaps we can bring all the quotes together, and then we can have a whole page or more of just quotes to present to JW's and ask :

"If what you have is the "truth" why do you have to lie about it?"

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Phizzy - Compiled evidence is a valuable tool even if it just makes a JW red in the face and squirm. Hopefully that squirm will help them wake up.

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

pinkofnice, i also checked with couple of prominent elders about the issue and they confirmed to me that since 2013/2014 the 2 witness rule is no more required for a minor reporting the abuse.

BUT, and this is a big BUT, if it was one minor reporting it there would be an issue verifying it and credibility in addition of making sure the minor is not making it up. Not sure what the situation would be, since they told me it would very tricky since such accusation can ruin individuals or families if they were untrue. But if there were 2 or more abused, on different occasions, then each one of them is considered a witness.

So i think whoever needs to verify, needs to ask the precise question (the 1 million dollar question), what if the abuse was reported by one child, how do you deal with this!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Thanks Da. Furious.

I think it's really hard for minor/s to report stuff in the first place. It seems that many only pluck up the courage or feel ready when they are older after years have passed.

I believe the elders forget that in all cases of alleged abuse the police should be informed first no matter what as children could possibly be hurt beyond repair. they don''t seem to realise it's just the corporation that wants to protect their reputation because money is involved. Money to the corporation is of far greater value than the lives of the R&F as has been proven time and time again.

There are some big buts here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit