Do all Christians/JWs/Mormons really believe the characters in the Bible were good as gold?

by booker-t 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• booker-t
    booker-t

One thing I have always felt even as a devout JWs was that some of the Bible characters were probably scandelous like anybody else. How do we know there was not a good amount of adultery, homosexuality, fornacation, drunkardness, wife swapping,etc; Religous people always try to make it seem that some of these people slipped up a few times and was "perfect" forevermore until they died. How do we know Peter was not in an adulterous affair, or that Paul was not engaged in homosexuality. I am not trying to make fun of the bible but how do we know? I get tired of believers always throwing the perfect bible characters in our faces as if we have to come up to their high standards of holiness. For all we know they could have been more flawed then us.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

About every xian believes that the characters were righteous though sinful. That explains Tyrant David's mistakes. What it doesn't explain is that monster was so hateful toward everything Gentile that it slaughtered Philistine in a super whopper of a holocaust--and this was with joke-hova's approval. It explains why some of them flinched or made poor decisions--and is designed to reinforce the fake doctrine that we are all inherent sinners that need to be enslaved to some fictitious messiah and to lose all natural desires.

Yet, these "righteous" characters are anti-Gentile--and openly so, with joke-hova's blessing. Since joke-hova is running the show, that supposedly makes it righteous. So, according to joke-hova, communism and slavery is righteous but being a little too liberal with sexuality is not.

• ZeusRocks
    ZeusRocks

One thing I have learned since being out is that a lot of the "righteous" characters "slip ups" found in the bible are nothing short of criminal. If they were committed today, they'd be thrown in prison for a very long time and in some places the death penalty.

Believers who justify the bible characters actions are just parroting what they have been brainwashed into believing instead of using their own rational thinking ability.

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

The moral failings of the characters of the Bible are such that it seems as if everyone in the Bible would be disfellowshipped if they were alive today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit