The Witness beliefs remind me of the Nazis and ISIS

by NAVYTOWN 24 Replies latest jw friends

• prologos
    prologos

Band on the run, fair points, every analogy can only go so far.

Orphan Crow, you surely must mean Hitler- rather than Himmler worship, Himmler was a rather pathetic figure.

There was no creature worship evident in the Canadian bethel, it was still reeling in the aftermath of the 'Percy Chapman affair(s),' leaders eating humble pie.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Prologos, I am speaking of Heinrich Himmler.

Himmler was the one who, by the end of the war, had developed a special rapport with the Jehovah's witness. I had, on another thread, detailed the concessions he had in place for them before the war ended.

Wewelsburg Castle. Himmler's castle and quasi religious center for the New Germany. Long story there. Caretakers were all JWs from 1943 on.

There is historical record that dicuments Himmler's pkan to send JWs to areas of conquered land to act as a vangaurd for the Third Reich.

And then there is the man who the Watchtower Society had strong ties with. Felix Kersten. Himmler's doctor.

As far as Canadian Watchtower politics and doctrine in the 60s go, I relate that which was familiar to the area I lived.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Sorry about the bad spelling in my last post. I have a hard time editing on a mobile.

• prologos
    prologos

OC I was not aware of the Himmler story. He was a feared man, not just SS but then Waffen SS. That would have been a tough assignment being the "Pioneers" in a conquered territories, unarmed. The resentment, partisan attacks, revenge would have been true persecution for the "brothers".

May be, that he was going to use the witnesses as human shields, he certainly admired their stolid, solid faith[fullness]

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Very close in some viewpoints.

People tend to create a GOD that reflects themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit