How Would You Respond? - "The Jewish nation veered from God, just like the WT".

by lambsbottom 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lambsbottom
    lambsbottom

How would you respond to:

The WT is much like the Jewish nation. They have veered from true & just practices, just like the Jews sometimes did. But it is still the truth, just like Jehovah kept using the Jews for so long and then corrected the matter.

BTW, interesting note here at http://www.livingwaters.cl/books/friends/chapter08.htm :

The importance of being in the synagogue

In Jesus' times, the synagogue was the center of the religious life and the Jewish social life. To be expelled from it was to become marginalized, an outcast. For that reason the Jews feared being expelled from it. The formerly blind man's parents, in spite of the joy that they felt when seeing their healthy son, didn't dare be exposed to being thrown out of the synagogue by giving a favorable testimony about Jesus.

The parents didn't want to jeopardize themselves, despite having strong reasons for doing so.

The same thing happened to others who were secret followers of Jesus. Joseph of Arimathea "was a disciple of Jesus, but secretly because he feared the Jews." (John 19:38). So too was Nicodemus. (John 3:1-2; 7:50-52; 19:39-42) And many others: "Yet at the same time many even among the leaders believed in him. But because of the Pharisees they would not confess their faith for fear that they would be put out of the Synagogue; for they loved praise from men more than praise from God." (John 12:42-43).

The man's parents hardly had great honor, because they were the parents of a beggar, but even so, they didn't want to lose what little that they had. Joseph of Arimathea, Nicodemus and the rulers on the other hand did possess a great deal of honor. Is it not therefore strange that the parents didn't want to lose their honor? They didn't admit openly that Jesus was the Christ -although they believed it in their hearts - in order to avoid being thrown out of the synagogue.

For them, being in the synagogue meant having both God and men on their side. For that reason, it didn't suit them to be thrown out for any reason.

Yet to continue in the synagogue after believing in Jesus caused problems of the conscience. They surely didn't have peace, because they could not defend Jesus when others spoke badly of him.

They don't appear in the book of Acts (although perhaps they were with the Christians). They perhaps didn't have the wonderful privilege of following him, because they loved the praise of men more than the glory of God.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Did the faithful Israelites follow the direction of the "apostate" Levite Priests when told to sacrifice their children to Molech by throwing them alive into the fire?

Did they follow the Baal worshipping priests and commit unlawful sex acts at the Temple as part of their worship to God?

Did they unquestioningly follow the Leaders of God's Chosen Organization at that time?

What would YOU have done?

Do YOU believe and obey all things coming forth from God's Chosen Organization today without question?

Doc

• lambsbottom
    lambsbottom

good reply, DOC. im just playing devils advocate because someone said that to me once.

• lambsbottom
    lambsbottom

I guess the problem, DOC, is that according the JWs you have to be baptized as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in an assembly or convention after answering all their baptismal questions. So, if you dont agree, why would you ever get baptized? Thus, you would be out of the "ark".

Much love :)

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

What DOC said.

You could also ask," If you were with the nation of Israel while Moses was away, would YOU have participated in handing in materials for, and worshipping the Golden Calf??" Or, " Had you been present at Meribah, would you have warned Moses and Aaron about claiming credit for calling forth water? After all, Moses lost the privilege of entering the promised land because of that error! Would you have remained silent??"

DD

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I guess the problem, DOC, is that according the JWs you have to be baptized as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in an assembly or convention after answering all their baptismal questions. So, if you dont agree, why would you ever get baptized? Thus, you would be out of the "ark".

I was baptized before I had to give my Oath of Allegience to the Organization.

I was also baptized as an infant child to keep up with my peers.

"Had you been present at Meribah, would you have warned Moses and Aaron about claiming credit for calling forth water? After all, Moses lost the privilege of entering the promised land because of that error! Would you have remained silent??"

I like that one Data! Is remaining silent the "loving" thing to do?

Doc

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It's good because it draws a line in the sand. Who do YOU obey, GOD or men? You can also ask, " Who did Moses pre-figure?" If they say it was Jesus, ask them," What about today? Is there another " Moses ", or is it still just Jesus?".

Make them say that there is no human in the "seat of Moses" today. Try to make them say that the GB are part of the priesthood. THEN make the parallel with Aaron. At most, the GB can only be "Aaron", NEVER "Moses!" Then you can mention the Golden calf fiasco, if you want to. The important thing is that they THINK!!

You can also bring out that Jesus does not make mistakes. So any wrong teachings or misinterpretations fall at the feet of those "taking the lead." There aren't any loop-holes. You will learn a lot about the person by using this line of argument.

DD

• prologos
    prologos

Old Israel veered from the Priest-orientated obedience, tithing scheme. Wt is veering from ascribing authority to "God"; "Jesus" to having the GB FADS substituted in their place. because

GOD is such a tenuous concept. Try to substitute "Those in power" for GOD in all their writings to see that.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I noticed that the washtowel system is part Pharisaic Jewish, despite claiming to be the only true xians. Yes, they have the xian viewpoint on original sin, that we are all deserving of damnation, and that being enslaved to that fictitious nazarene is the only way to be free from that sin. But, the jokehovian witlesses have many practices that belong in the Old Testament, the Talmud, or the Sanhedrin. They have a Talmud's worth of rules regarding people of the opposite sex getting together and how they are supposed to conduct themselves in the bedroom. They have another Talmud's worth of rules regarding material pursuits. For a Christian religion?

• smiddy
    smiddy

Well jehovah rejected the nation of Israel , when is he going to reject Jehovahs Witnesses !

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit