Don't Walk..Don't Talk..

by Englishman 21 Replies latest jw friends

• dmouse
    dmouse
    Delusional Parasitosis - a mistaken belief that one is being infested by parasites such as mites, lice, fleas, spiders, worms, bacteria, or other organisms.

Hmmm, so DSP would be a spiritual version of this?
    Bathory, are you saying that Englishman is delusional, in looking for things that aren't really there?

Even paranoids can have real enemies
  • SYN
    SYN

Even when I was in the BORG it was frowned upon to visit other congregations. The Watchtower expects the Sheep to be organized exactly like terrorist cells, each bookstudy being an autonomous unit functioning inside the Congregation. This is a really scary anology! Nice post, Englishman, keep this sort of thing coming, it's needed for the flood of people who're gonna hit this site soon.

"Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox." The Golden Age, Feb 4 1931 p. 293-4 - The Sacredness of Human Blood (Reasons why vaccination is unscriptural)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey E-man,your on the money with this one.It reminds me of Bin Ladins cell groups,if someone screws up,they don`t take the whole outfit down with them.In the end I don`t think it will work for WBTS.They screw up on a daily basis worldwide.Thats a whole lot of screwing up.(LOL)...OUTLAW

• Matty
    Matty
    it is no longer considered “mature” to go to a different congregations meeting just to visit

I can confirm this to be the case from the inside! Elders have been instructed to counsel brothers who are either “reaching out” or who already are Ministerial Servants who repeatedly visit other congregations rather than their own.

A brother I know who wants to be a MS cannot now visit his family’s congregation in an adjoining town. If he does he would be considered as going AWOL, and it would jeopardise his promotion. This is a marked contrast to the behaviour of most single Ministerial Servant’s I knew back in the 80’s and 90’s when many of them used to travel to different congregations all over “checking out the talent”!

• Satanus
    Satanus

This must be the new improved spiritual paradise.

SS

• mustang
    mustang

E-man,

You are 'spot on' with this. Can you spell REGIMENTATION?

They are tightening the screws until the whole thing breaks. The stress risers and cracks can already be seen. (When a crack starts in a metal surface, you drill holes at each end to prevent its further travel. Trouble is this is a temporary fix; the metal is showing signs of fatigue and should be replaced. Or ground the airplane, period. 2nd problem: this is typical WTS 'proof by analogy', LOL.)

Here is something I've always wondered. REACHING OUT: who needs it? It is a trap, as if the rest wasn't. But this is further slavery beyond the 1st level of slavery. If one were 'off enough' to either 'stick around' or 'go back', why put up with the additional rubbish and requirements???

Remember two things: go for the $$$'s and you will make the right decisions about your JW career. Also, don't go back to the KH without your 'Spiritually Weak & PROUD OF IT' tee shirts.

Mustang

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Please don't invoke any more nostalgia for the old assemblys of my youth. Happy days, even though I now know we were totally off the wall - at least it was fun!!

"Take a look at how the feeding arrangements have changed. I have movie film of my parents stood in a long queue at Twickenham, waiting to enter the cafeteria, chatting to anyone who was stood near to them. My father said that the meal queues were essential for JW’s to be able to exchange information with one another. "

Before I stood down I wrote a letter to Bethel describing the shortcomings of the current arrangements. I had had to do the service meeting item about how wonderful it was to take your own food and lug flasks of hot water for your own tea.. They sent me a smarmy reply implying that I was not appreciative of "Jehovahs arrangements". Ho hum!

Oh Happyman, get real! come Sunday your team will be displayed on the smorgasboard of the world stage , as you meet real opposition . Roll on the World Cup!!

• meat pie
    meat pie

Good post Eman, also , at least at Perth Assembly, the whole thing is broadcast on a radio channel'so the brothers working as attendants can listen in', more like, so many can sit in their cars and 'listen', because it's too cold and uncomfortable in the stadium and then they can make a quick gettaway! Even less mixing.

• happy man
    happy man

bröderna brothers, will cry desperatly on sunday afternoon, we hade yesterday a littel talk widh SVEN, and hi promise uss that it was no Cow on the ice.
    Sorry boys, but whow can you winn when we have our boys on your benk.
    Dont forget SEVn is Sweed boy,and also Ulrika, i forget her.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

MeatPie:
    Can you email me?
    I wouldn't ask without good cause.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit