watch towers child abuse payouts

by Zordino 10 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Zordino
    Zordino

If you had to guess, how much do you think WT pays out in child abuse settlements every year on a world wide scale?

• Zordino
    Zordino

My guess would be around 40 mil.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

I think it is in the millions. Just considering the number actually suing is so high, when undoubtedly many many more are taking the cash offered to get them to shut up.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

It occurred to me that even the out-of-court settlements serve a purpose, simply by virtue of whittling away at the WTS's coffers.

Tap 'em dry; either publicly or privately, huh?

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Zalkin alone has sued for 25 plaintiffs!! At 1 mil each in hush money that is 25million for just ONE law firm!!!!!!!!!

• skin
    skin

If only the WT was made to reveal how much they pay out...

• talesin
    talesin

I remember when I first discovered the list of settlements on Rick Ross' anti-cult site, back in 2004 or so ... I was amazed there were so many! And that was, if memory serves me correctly, just in the USA. They have been settling these cases out-of-court for at least 15 or 20 years. And worldwide? It has to be in the millions.

It would be great to see an huge class action suit. If I had the evidence, I would definitely sue them. Let's hope these lawsuits accomplish two things:

1. Show the world what an evil cult the JWS is. The press loves a child abuse expose. Now that the ammunition is in the courts, we can expect to see more documentaries and stories on Britain's Channel 4, Canada's Fifth Estate, and other such programs.

2. Millions of USD bleeding from the coffers of the WTS and going into the bank accounts of their victims. Child sexual abuse is called 'soul murder', and righfully so! They deliberately and maliciously, for their own personal gain, colluded and continue to collude, with pedophiles. They need to be hit where it will hurt the most, and for any corporation, that means take their profits.

tal

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Only figure I have heard with any authority was the case several years ago that was settled out of court for roughly $700,000 per defendant. I think there was about 14 if I recall.

This one was rather high profile and the Watchtower needed to close it up so I would suspect it would be higher than their normal payout.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Are there official records of these cases, or have the records been sealed?? Just imagined the TOTAL costs including settlements. Surely the legal work cannot be free. What about flying lawyers all over? The real costs must be staggering beyond belief!

DD

• Zordino
    Zordino

The it could run into 100 mil ++ if you include legal/travel expenses. World Wide. That would be an enormous drain on their cash reserves. The could (just an estimate) have potentially 3 Billion $ in cash reserves alone. From a financial point of view, it's a problem for them but not in any way a major blow for then financially. Unfortunately, the can weather many storms.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit