Jehovah's Witness Elder, Ron Felt suing Jehovah's Witness he disfellowshiped, for "Harassment"- Broadcasting a recording of JW Ron Felt......

by Balaamsass2 25 Replies latest social current

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

I just think that it is so good to see that no more are folks willing to be stomped on by this "religion", and quietly disappear with their tails between their legs, they are fighting back, all this is not good publicity for the JW's and theur "shunning" etc.

I think this also. In the past folks who left the Watchtower had no network of fellow apostates to communicate with. Use to be that X-JW were expected to diappear with theirs tails between their legs and just STFU. Now...with JWN, YouTube, and many other sites X-JW's can see that they can go on the offensive to expose the evil Watchtower cult.

• OneEyedJack
    OneEyedJack

So the man that pounds on strangers doors over and over every weekend feels harrassed when his own words are played in public?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I wonder if Mr Felt thinks Jehovah(tm) is with him like all the human rights trials that JWs 'won' in courts. Maybe he feels like Paul before the Roman dude in the bible fairy tale. Either way the persecution complex will feast on this.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Jehovah Witnesses have turn into a bunch of whiney ass babies. They have been harrassing people for years. Remember when they use to go right to people's churches and march outside with signs denouncing them? When the Watchtower does it they call it's free speech and freedom of religion.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"Either way the persecution complex will feast on this."- punkofnice

• KateWild
    KateWild

I think that sometimes activists can go to far, O'hare did on this occaission. Members of the public will not have grasped the full picture and sympathised with the shunning. We need to reason with JWs, not blast out voice recordings in the street.

Kate xx

• scoobydont
    scoobydont

Interesting that Elder Felt decided that the court, which is part of the Justice system, is best placed to address his grief about being "harassed", yet reports and allegations of sexual abuses within the borg, resulting in real grief for more than just the individual victim in a congregation, doesn't get heard beyond the walls of that congregation ! Just wondering why Elder Felt didn't decide to view O'Hare's action as "sin" and then go to "forgive" him ! Aaah, clearly, what's good for the goose isn't quite so good for the gander in JW-land.

Thank God for the internet...it saved my life !

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I say again that the best thing we can do is wait and see when the case actually comes to Court and don't pre-judge.

What interests me is that this really is a head on crash between two people over "rights"and "free speech". We know the WT/JW's record on both, they fought for their rights, but would deny the same rights to ex-members, and of course, current members.

I have the gut feeling that maybe Mr O'Hare may not have approached this in the best way, bur we shall see. At least it will be a Public airing of the strange attitudes and workings of the cult.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I think it would have been more effective if he simply stood next to the Elder with a sign stating what he felt he had done wrong. I think he went too far with the PA system. The only good thing about the trial is that everything will now be a part of the public record, the paper might even publish a story about the JW disfellowshiping policies and judicial committees. The public might find it disturbing that a well known religion still engage a in this kind of thing.

• clarity
    clarity

The only good thing about the trial is that everything will now be a part of the public record, the paper might even publish a story about the JW disfellowshiping policies and judicial committees. The public might find it disturbing that a well known religion still engage a in this kind of thing.

Maybe we need more of this! For TOO LONG this

organization has hidden behind the skirts of MOTHER!

Yes, even if Derick is found 'guilty', it still brings wt's

damaging made-up rules to the fore!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit