Get Dubs to watch Dateline with Reverse Psychology

by LizardSnot 6 Replies latest jw friends

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

I think the best way to get the Dubs to watch Dateline is to tell them not to :) Dont people just love to do things they are told not to...I know I do :)

The following is a sample conversation that I might have with my mom.

"Hello...mom? Hi...this is your son...you too (K)...hey I just wanted to let you know that Dateline is airing a piece on Jehovah's Witnesses tonight...yeah I'm sure you dont want to watch it...you really need to listen to the organization because they know what is best for you...uh huh...no...no I probably shouldnt tell you what it is about...nahh, I dont want it to hurt your faith mom...yeah...uh huh...say, is it time for the nurse to bring your meds yet?....how is the food?...ok, I understand...yes mom...group therapy is important...just listen to them ok?...love you ...bye.

Lizard

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

lol @ LizardSnot,

I'm sorry, I didn't know your mother was in a home. "is it time for the nurse to bring your meds yet?....how is the food?...ok, I understand...yes mom...group therapy is important." Hope the group therapy works. Do you get to go to group therapy too?

hugs,
    j2bf

ps LS, I just want to publically thank you for lighting all those candles. You did a wonderful job.

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

I'm going to call my brother and tell him my VCR is on the fritz, and ask him to record Dateline for me. He'll be at the meeting at that time, but I'll ask him to check it when he gets home... just to make sure it recorded properly

Hmmm

• julien
    julien

What difference does it make if JWs watch the show? They will assume it is all Satan's lies anyway. Hopefully the show will help steer perspective members away though. Oh and it's a long shot but maybe the borg will fix their unethical policies.

• ChiChiMama
    ChiChiMama

I called my parents and got their answering machine.
    I said "Hi mom and dad,this is ......,you may already know this but Dateline will be showing Tuesday night at 7:00" All the sudden I hear my moms voice loudly and hatefully say "WE ARE NOT INTERESTED,THANK YOU"

I just hung up because she was out of control, as usual.
    She sounded like a mean householder out in service.

ChiChi

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

(((((chichiMama))))))

My mouth is gaping open at your mother's response! (what fine christian love she is showing her daughter)

hugs,
    j2bf

• SYN
    SYN

Just tell them they shouldn't watch it, and I guarantee you they WILL!

"Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox." The Golden Age, Feb 4 1931 p. 293-4 - The Sacredness of Human Blood (Reasons why vaccination is unscriptural)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit