why no one could hang on a stake

by sowhatnow 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

has any one ever pondered the artists rendering of jesus and the 2 'criminals' beside him? wth upright bodies? no blood,

think about it, for one thing a grown mans body could not possiblly hang on his wrists with a single nail.

the wrists are what the wt decides that the nails are through not the hands.

the feet would also tear and be broken, you can nail feet over top each other without using a huge long metal mail like pin.

the weight of the person, would tear through the flesh and probably disconnect his shoulders , he would be bleading to death as the nails would go right thorugh the blood artery. you cannot breath either, your lungs are compressed .

there would be blood pouring out profusely.

Any human hung this way would be in so much agony they would have no idea who was next to them, they wouldnt be able to talk

theys be delerious in no time, and dead with in hours.

now compare that with tieing the wrists on the cross beam, and tieing the tow ankles to the pole. the nailing the hands or wrists and feet

even that would produce profuse bleeding and agony. but perhaps prolong life a while longer.

now I ask you, what God, or father in their right mind would do that to a child, and use that to redeem mankind? I must be better than God to never every do that ors expect that of my son.

hes God he doesnt need to prove anything to anyone.

he could have simply allowed sinners to die off and those who did not sin to live forever, and that still would have completed Gods plan.

end of story.

• prologos
    prologos

people were smaller then, and not fed hormone lacedfood, ont many overweight, obese.

You are right, a realistic bible reading of the conversation passage would have amny moans in it.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Also, many renderings of Christ on the cross show the feet supported by a block of wood.

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

Yes very interesting point, I've often wondered that myself. And what would be the point of giving them a block of wood to support the feet?! I thought this was supposed to be an execution?

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

Actually now that I come to think of it, what would be the point of giving Christ as an example for all to follow and then only giving edited high lights of three years of adult life??

Surely it would have been a better example to have Christ live a perfect life until dying of old age and then asending to heaven?

• prologos
    prologos

Old age? a so-called perfect man would never be old. as a matter of fact, why not first deliver proof that he really was 'perfect' by having him live to a thousand yers plus, to beat Methuselah into Guiness Book of Records? --or into Ripley's Believe it or not-- and then have him say that he was abandonned.

The block of wood probably was a nicety added by the illustrators that needed a break from working on those convoluted letters. The little spike was just to hold the feet in place so they would not slip off. and

the talking snake grinning check to cheek.

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

Prolongs you know what I mean, why not have Jesus leading by example as a husband and father etc? What about having him face real problems like earning a living to feed a family and also be a perfect servant of god?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

The cross sectional area of the "nails" used might have some bearing (bearing get it? ) on the outcome.

A large square section nail with about 13mm or above shaft width near the head would be capable i would have thought of holding a man up by both hands / wrists. If the head is quite a bit larger than the shaft (say 40mm+) then it will act as a clamp when hammered home enabling even more weight to be suspended.

i dont care either way, cross or stake, if he existed at all he was just another deluded fool.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The bone just below the hand and above this wrist is the bone that would support the weight. Not sure where they put the nail in the feet.

• prologos
    prologos

or, if those nails were slimmer they could have bend them over to pinch more bones. Very devout Chrisyians might be offended by discussions like this. WT missionaries were threatened by a madman witha cocked pistol, for having read "IMPALED" in wt publications, mis-understanding that it referred to their sometime piercing from the bottom-up custom, not to inflicted on a tri-une God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit