Circuit assembly symposium: help those who have become inactive

by rosyray 32 Replies latest jw friends

• rosyray
    rosyray

I just discovered that the circuit assembly my family is attending tomorrow contains a symposium entitled:

Help Others to seek Jehovah's Righteousness: Those who have become inactive

I poked around a bit on here and didn't find any comments about this. Just wondering if anybody has the higlights of what "encouragements" I might expect to hear from them in the coming days.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Just tell them thankyou but you proclaimed Jesus was the messiah a long time ago as so you're guaranteed life, point them to 1 john chapter 5 and say unless you say otherwise and if you do your calling god a liar...

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

The REAL subject of the symposium: 'How to use guilt and fear to manipulate inactive ones into becoming fully brainwashed JWs again.'

• smiddy
    smiddy

Jehovahs Witnesses speak out of both sides of their mouth ( the american Indians faced with similar problems said you speak with a forked tongue )

Inactive ones are those who associated but no longer attend , for various reasons.

Faders are those who dont participate anywhere near what they used to, mainly to keep in contact with relatives.

Sometimes their is a blend of faders and inactive ones which obscures who is who.

Then their are those who are disfellowshipped , dont they try to re-instate those who have fallen by the wayside ?

Reaching out to those in that situation?

And those that they regard as apostates , do they ever try to reach out to them ?

Or do they judge them as those who have sinned against the holy spirit and are not worthy of redemption.

Can the Governing Body /Elders make this decision on Jehovahs part to say who is guilty of sinning against the Holy Spirit ?

smiddy

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

Hell yeah I'm helping them. Those I found inactive enough I send them facebook messages of the UN NGO case.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I have never been contacted with encoragement to return to the Watchtower's despicable, nasty vomit by any Jehovah's Witness since I left the evil, wicked, demon infested cult.

And that's the way I like it.

• millie210
    millie210

Remember in the days of Esther when the Jews were allowed to arm themselves and fight back against the Kings decree?

That is what I think needs to happen here.

All inactive ones and/or faders need to tell any who come to "help" them exactly why they cant be "active".

It may be a story of judicial wrongdoing. It may be child abuse. It may be doctrinal.

Whatever, it really doesnt matter as long as it is authentic and from the heart.

I dont think the Society is prepared for this.

They arent expecting to have the drones put in to a real and heartfelt situation where they hear stories from actual lives that highlight the ineptness, the weak scriptural back up for doctrinal points etc.

This could potentially cause drones to run back to elders with anxiety and make the elders actually have to get off their paperwork and do some real work.

If enough did this, the backlash would keep this little suggestion from ever being mentioned at an assembly again!

• stillin
    stillin

The most common misperception about inactive ones, in my opinion, is that some one person had wronged them and nothing was done to correct things in the congregation. "Don't let people stumble you and ruin your relationship with Jehovah." When, in fact, the most common complaint that I hear from inactive ones (yes, you-all) is more about the systemic illness that adds up to cultish peer pressure. The swallowing wholesale gobs of teachings which are ladled out constantly is referred to as keeping up with the movements of Jehovah's Chariot.

My wife is still dead-set convinced that it was certain actual people who "stumbled " me when actually, I just opened my eyes.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Stillin, I agree. From the comments I've heard, most look down on me with pity, convinced that I have either done something I'm ashamed of or that I've allowed someone to stumble me. Poor me.....Meanwhile, I am enjoying a beautifully cool sunshiny morning and I get to plan my day according to my wishes.

But I really like the idea of counteracting their attempts with "Oh, my goodness, have you not heard of the widespread child abuse scandals? It's worse than the catholic church!" and them hand them some newspaper clippings on Candace Conti, the Texas 6, the UK scandals...and toss in a letter from the UN as well.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

cultBgone:

My wife is still dead-set convinced that it was certain actual people who "stumbled " me when actually, I just opened my eyes.

I noticed this too. They have already been told by the Society why you are "inactive" (or whatever label is attatched). It doesn't matter what you say, unless you push the 'apostate' button. Then, suddenly, you become a far more dangerous person, unworthy of being 'helped.'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit