Mixed thoughts re: Silentlambs group

by Pathofthorns 40 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy Path,

1. Everyone has an agenda. Do people still vote for politicians, go to church, work for people & companies? Sure. Why? To fulfill their own agenda.

2. Children need to be protected as much as possible. If parents aren't in a position to help them, or have their spiritual hands tied (like I had mine tied) - then this needs to be changed.

3. The WTBTS isn't going to roll over dead because of this issue, the UN issue, the faulty blood issue, the shunning issue. But each of us - and other readers - have been touched by these and so many other issues. It helps us break free, one rope at a time.

I thought Dateline was great - as did the other non-jw's who sat watching with me, along with my husband. I thought Bill handled himself well......I could never have done it (I get too wordy).

Bill never claimed to be another Mother Teresa to my knowledge. Just a man who cared......with a slight temper.

waiting

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Not to get off topic, but I just went to the guest book on Silentlambs. You could knock me over with a feather! The angry and hurtful posts from JWs is totally unbelievable. Seriously - where do they get off claiming to be an "organization of love"?

My stomach is in knots now. Truly, it embarrasses me to think I used to be one of them!

Andi

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Andi,

Off topic - but a good subject. Interestingly enough, if a government jumps on the jw's, they bow their head and "wait on Jehovah" or their legal department to remedy it.

If they're thrown out of school, same thing.
    If they lose their job, same thing.
    If they scorned somewhere, same thing.

But! Present evidence of a sexual predator problem within their own ranks covered over.........well, fight the bloody hell back! Screw "waiting on Jehovah" - slash out and defend the Borg!

So much for true love and "waiting on Jehovah."

waiting (perhaps a time to change my name, eh?)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey waiting,girl you are funny,you hit the nail right on the head!..>>>Hey path,that was a pathetic attempt to undermine the work of Silent Lambs.The bright side is,we can now identify one more pediphile protecter...OUTLAW

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Outlaw,

I like you a lot - charming, in your own way. However, Path is too. I don't agree with him on this issue......but there's so many that we do agree on. He's a good guy - as you are.

waiting

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

Farkel, how come you are a geniuos?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey waitng,you are a sweetheart(LOL)...OUTLAW

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns
    What was presented on Dateline was only a small part of the whole story on how massively the Society has covered up child abuse. For reasons known only to themselves, Dateline executives failed to report on several smoking guns that would have changed the program from an insipid also-ran into an incisive, hard-hitting Watchtower buster. Stupid fucks like You Know have no idea how close their disgusting organization came to destruction. But the game ain't over yet.
    AlanF

Farkel

It is true I am making assertions that those associated with Silentlambs have an agenda beyond just some policy changes that will better help abused JW children. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to read between the lines here and in several other key posts by others to appreciate other facets of their agenda.

I hardly think you and I and most here are not hoping for the destruction of the WT or at least to take a few good swipes at them in addition to "making needed policy changes". I don't think my assertions that there are other agendas are even remotely unfounded.

And I'm not saying these other agendas are wrong. I am just saying that if the Silentlambs group is claiming to care about JW children and the policies they are subjected to, but at the same time making it unappealing for them to consider a more healthy viewpoint because they are trashing the WT, are they really as helpful to these children as they could be?

If a JW child has been molested and a parent is seeking assistance outside the WT, they need assistance from people who understand the JW mindset who can advise them what best to do in that situation. They don't need to be bombarded with how evil the WT is. That information hopefully can be given later after the more pressing issue of dealing with a criminal matter.

Path

• Farkel
    Farkel

Path,

: And I'm not saying these other agendas are wrong. I am just saying that if the Silentlambs group is claiming to care about JW children and the policies they are subjected to, but at the same time making it unappealing for them to consider a more healthy viewpoint because they are trashing the WT, are they really as helpful to these children as they could be?

I do not understand what you mean by the comment I put in italics. Can you be more specific?

Farkel

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Will an active and faithful JW who has been molested be comfortable reading the Silentlambs website to take advantage of his suggestions to go to the police first?

Any assistance that could be offered from that website to encourage the faithful JW victim in their time of crisis is likely not to be read or will be read with less than full confidence due to the anti-WT nature.

I know the best way to help JWs is to help them out of the cult, but if they have been molested, for the moment they need help with that and I think their beliefs should be respected - at least for the moment. That is my *opinion*. What are your thoughts?

Path

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit