What do Mark, Luke, and Paul all have in common?

by Coded Logic 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

What do Mark, Luke and Paul have in common?? For one thing, they are all considered 'Saints' by the Roman Catholic Church. So I guess that means they are sitting up in 'Heaven' just waiting for our prayers to them so they can put in a good word for us with Jesus/God. Another example of how the human imagination can dream up the most outlandish stories. And a certain type of 'believer' will buy these tall-tales hook, line & sinker. Instead of doing their own thinking and investigating, most people prefer to take their beliefs pre-packaged by a 'religion'. Similarly, a large majority of people simply unquestioningly adopt the religion of their parents. JWs certainly encourage this and never teach their kids to question where their beliefs originated.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Can you post scriptures about Mark and Luke not knowing Jesus..

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

Can you post scriptures about Mark and Luke not knowing Jesus

Mark is first mentioned in the Bible after Peter is broken out of jail by an angel and Peter goes to Mary's (Marks mother) house. When Peter leaves he takes Mark with him as a companion (Acts 12:12, 25). Paul further said that Mark is "useful" in helping them minister (2 Timothy 4:11).

Luke specifically says he is not an eye witness to Jesus but has gathered testimony from (unnamed) second hand sources (Luke 1:1-3).

• prologos
    prologos

the three, who berween them are reported to have written the Bulk of the NT (spiritual staple to this day) are not part of the dispensing Slave, in WT opinion, because they left the earthly scene before 1919.

BSW: who was it that left his garment fleeing from the Scene of Jesus interrogation? the first NT streaker?

• smiddy
    smiddy

Jehovahs Witnesses pride themselves as bible students, ..sorry, they are students of the Watchtower societys interpretation of their understanding of bible truths , which are in a continual state of reflux with their ever changing doctrines and practices.

smiddy

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

They are all listed as authors of books in the bible; Paul probably actually wrote about half of them, the rest are in his name.

Mark and Luke are names given to the books, but they were not authored by anyone who knew Jesus personally.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Jesus is supposed to be the greater Moses right ? Moses is credited with writing the first five books of the bible .

Jesus wrote none.

smiddy

• talesin
    talesin

I was a born-in, and was forced to study WT publications from sunrise to sunset when I wasn't in school, cleaning offices/home, or preaching, for the first 17 years of my life. I was never taught that, and even now, it's NEWS to me! Of course, I haven't picked up a Bible in over 35 years except to reference some posts here, and tear out a couple of pages in the back to use as rolling papers. :P

I did know about Paul, of course, being converted on the road to Damascus. Who could forget Paul? The first Xtian misogynist, and a leader of the movement! I wonder what Jesus would have thought of Paul's hatred of women? Paul probably would've had Mary Magdalene receive 40 lashes less one, or whatever the punishment for prostitution that he deemed fit.

tal

• talesin
    talesin

PS. I had to read the Bible cover-to-cover before I got dunked at age 14, too. What a snore-fest that was at times. But still, I never picked up on that.

• kaik
    kaik

I knew about Luke and Paul since JW times, but I did not know about Mark. However, it is well known that Mark, Luke, and Matthew used the same source when they wrote the Gospel. I have heard and read in the past that letter of Paul are written before the gospels, especially before Luke and John.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit