Question for those attending mid week

by All for show 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• All for show
    All for show

Do you all know how many attend vs Sundays? Talking to friends and family all find it so boring/difficult to sit through they say their meeting midweek attendance is about 50 percent less than Sundays, with at least 15 percent of those leaving at the half.

We have had 3 local needs this year on staying the entire meeting, but people still leave, happily.

• Simon
    Simon

You should be able to edit the post to add your question

• All for show
    All for show

Thanks

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

'round here I'd say attendance is 40-50 on thursday, and 60-70 on sunday, in a congregation with around 90 pubs.

• Tech49
    Tech49

I can give you a quick example from my congregation, which you will probably find is common:

Total publishers, hovers around 95.

Sunday Meeting attendance, around 75.

Midweek Meeting attendance, around 65.

Attendance during the Most Holy CO visit is usually about 125, then 2 days later on Tuesday night, it drops BELOW the average of 65. Congregation members are bored of it all. Elders are having hissy fits! Its rather comical.

I have had many conversations with different ones just lately, and there is a prevelant overall feel that the meetings have become so very BLAND, empty of anything of substance, and generally lacking in anything but fluff, rhetoric, repetition of the usual "do more, do more, pray more, pray more, give more, give more", and Governing Body worship. People are getting BORED, and TIRED. More and more seem to go for several weeks at a time without darkening the doors of the KH, more out of a desire to enjoy themselves than that of the "need" to be "fed spiritually". Public talks are 30 minutes of blah blah blah, good public speakers are almost unheard of anymore, and even Ministry School talks and demonstrations are so scripted that almost zero personal interpretation is allowed to be inserted. Again, BORING.

After the recent "super video" last week, I heard many comments along the lines of "why did we have that video?" "what was the point again?" and the best one was "why do we need to explain about 1914??""

A trend that will not soon be turned around, it would seem. Even the glitz and glamour of videos, TV shows with the GB as guest stars, HD internet feeds of Annual Meetings, shortening Assembly Weekends, thinning out magazines, shortened hour requirements for FS, etc, etc...... nothing seems to be able to truly energize the masses for more than a short period of time. Sure, you have the standard Kukoo born-n-bred JW's that never can seem to get enough, but soon enough they too will have a defining moment.

Like a crack addict.... more and more is required to get high.... and soon enough NOTHING gives the required thrill to maintain the feeling.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Exact same stats as ONE EYED JOE in my new cong. Pretty similar in my last one too!

• sir82
    sir82

In our congregation, publisher count is about 125, if you count kids, it's probably around 140-150 who "should be" there every meeting.

Average Sunday attendance is usually around 100-105, and there are almost always 10-15 visitors (from other congregations who could not attend their own meeting, or from out of town).

Midweek meeting attendance is about 85-90, frequently below 80.

• All for show
    All for show

Tech49... You're spot on with people's feelings of meeting boredom.

Our hall has 97 publishers-- 88 on sunday and 64 on Tuesday with 5-12 leaving at the half.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Tech49, "Like a crack addict...... more and more is required to get high.........and soon enough NOTHING gives the required thrill to maintain the feeling." SO true! Makes me wonder what will be the next drug.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Unfortunately the hall my wife goes to they have the highest percentage of meeting attendance in the circuit. I think they may be the dumbest too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit