Does ANYONE use RSS anymore?

by nicolaou 13 Replies latest forum announcements

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Just wondering . . .

• Simon
    Simon

It fell off my radar when Google dropped Reader. I miss it for keeping up with good websites.

• 88JM
    88JM

I know as a web developer its a useful way of consuming feeds between and from other websites to use. It's often what's driving that sort of thing behind the scenes, even if end-users aren't directly consuming it. Agreed standards in markup languages are always a useful thing, and there are few as simple and universal as RSS.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

When Google Reader went away, I switched to Feedly, which took a bit of adjustment, but now that I'm used to it, works just as well. I use it to keep track of posts on this site, among others.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Yeah I've just begun using Feedly. Bit of a curve . . .

• disfellowshipped1
    disfellowshipped1

RSS is a key part of the Internet as we know it. Love it.

I use RSS in Firefox. Love it. Especially for a dozen blogs that don't update every day, or news sites that have a lot of not-interesting articles.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

i don't even know how it works

• bigmac
    bigmac

i havent got a clue what youre talking about. should i be concerned ?

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

I get all my favorite website updates via RSS reader - including updates for this one After trying quite a few, I settled on The Old Reader, though I use an app to organize those for me on mobile so I'm not tied to the browser. I also use RSS for important product updates at work - RSS is usually updated sooner than email distribution lists or newsletters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit