The REAL purpose of the new 1914 explanation video...

by Calebs Airplane 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Heaven
    Heaven

finkelstein said: Answer .... to make a twisted Bullshit story to why nothing has happen in last 100 years to what the WTS. said was going to happen.

Yep. For my entire life (over 50 years now), Armageddon has yet to arrive.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS has made a profitable business out of making up bullshit stories and leverage them against the belief in the bible.

For over a 100 years

I think the general public is starting to get wise to this publishing House, as well alot more of its own inherent followers.

• Island Man
    Island Man

I have a feeling that video produced a lot of cognitive dissonance in the minds of many JWs coming right on the heels of them seeing David Splane's talk about not reading types and antitypes into bible passages that the bible doesn't say are types and antitypes. The seven times passage of Daniel 4 is a perfect example of a type/antitype being read into a passage when the bible itself does not say it's a type/antitype. Hypocritical Watchtower wants to have its cake and eat it too.

• undercover
    undercover

OTWO wins the JWD Grammy for 'best song of the year'. Good job!

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Non- event. Not worthy of mentioning nor considering.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

i think something is up with this.....

why all of a sudden is there this great urgency to get the R&F up to date on the 1914 calculation?

They acknowledge in the demonstration how we all need refreshers on this since its easy to forget (Funny how I have no problem remembering how it works but the "believers" can't seem to keep it straight)

Is this just a way to get the R&F confident in WTS math again? After all, we KNOW they are right about 1914 so how could we doubt 607 ?

Look at the SIGNIFICANT "thing" that happened in 1914! This coincidence somehow PROVED beyond any doubt we were right.. right?

wait a sec... who was right?? CHARLES RUSSEL was right... NOT THE F&DS. How did a NON-F&D Slaver make such a discovery?

Is it possible to speculate that the reason they are refreshing everyone's memory on this is because a change is on the horizon??

after all, it wouldn't be the F&DS's mistake, it was just CTR's error

Could the 1914 math be reworked to accomodate a change to 607? perhaps the same way it was reworked to allow the 606 to 607 change without shifting 1914-1915

The GB has been somewhat silent on the depth of 1914 the past few years, seeming just "referring" to it instead of opening it up for conversation. Why the change?

I always ask the question: "what's in it for them?"

well WTS,,,, what's in this new 1914 revival for you?

• Justnowout
    Justnowout

Sigh..... Some are reading waaaay to much into this. That video couldnt cause cause CD, it didnt go over anything or explain anything. All it did was show a publisher using the stupid chart in the nov watchtower on a rv. It was sooo boaring and basic... As sir 82 compared, it was very much like explaining how to make toast. However if it floats peoples boats to think its going to be used on doubters and going to cause people to rethink the religion and have major CD etc etc.... What the hell, i'll join the party.

Update:!!!!

at least 20 percent of the pubs in my congregation have begun show doubt since the showing of that video! Several remark they were confused as to how the meeting ended on time! One even stated "i had a long day... Im looking forward to getting some sleep" ! Clearly this is having major impact. I look forward to hearing more awakings as a result of this illconcived ploy by the wt organization

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit