When did you start getting ANGRY?

by Separation of Powers 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

I wasn't angry until about a week ago. A 35 year old man died after refusing blood in our area. He was a father of a ten year old. He would of probably died eventually anyways, but we will never know. The effects of this organization can be drastic. I heard people praising his decision to "stand firm".

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I am angry because I was raised into the cult, and deprived of a normal childhood, and life.

I am angry because I went along with EVERYTHING, and was the perfect witness child, youth and and adult!

I gave my whole life to the ORG!

I am angry because I beleived all of the nonsense and teachings, until I started to think for myself and question everything.

Then I saw that fairy tales are not realities...no matter how much people may preach about them!

I could go on...........

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

This past year was when I really started realizing the impact of following the cult's directives in my life.

I hurt so many people of my non-JW family. And now most of them are very old or dead and so all those years are lost, all those opportunities are gone. I never went to family reunions or get togethers. When my "worldly" family invited us to anything, even a summer barbecue, I would see it all as a temptation from Satan. Couldn't have association with them! I hate the way I behaved as such a smug, self-righteous little JW b*tch. (I guess my user name is confusing, but I am female).

I wouldn't even pray with my dying Aunt because she went to an evil, demonic church. On her deathbed, she wanted to see me. So I came, with my stupid New World Translation and tried to share a few verses, but she wanted to hear the 23rd Psalm and have me say the Lords Prayer. *And I refused.* I don't know how I can ever forgive myself for these actions.

You hear people talking about Karma and stuff like that, and if there is any truth to that, then I am screwed. I was a horrible, totally indoctrinated JW. I have so much regret in my heart also at the strict way I raised my little children. I know now how much they suffered.

I am now an old lady who also gave most of my vital, adult life to the WT organization. It is a huge betrayal.

As Ray Franz pointed out, they play with life's MOST VITAL AND IMPORTANT ASSETS -- your time, career, family, work, who you marry or don't, whether you have children, your hobbies and spare time... all of you and your life and choices are supposed to go toward the "kingdom". I was one of those people who truly believed that you were supposed to love Jehovah with your whole heart, mind, soul, and strength (and all the million minuscule ways you're supposed do that) -- it truly MAKES ME SICK NOW. It literally turns my stomach and makes me feel physically ill. I cannot see myself EVER, EVER being involved with religion ever again. Believing in the Flying Spaghetti Monster makes almost as much sense to me as the GB being Christ's brothers. The Bible makes no sense to me any more and I can't even stand reading it. It all makes me ill.

What gets me now is how the WTS takes and takes and takes and takes and gives NOTHING back if and when you need them.

• quest81
    quest81

All along I was mildly irritated when my wife kept pushing JW doctrine on me and collectively decide what 'we' could or couldn't do. It sounds simple and insignificant, however after a couple of years you realize how alienated from your friends and family you've become.

I got ANGRY after I finished reading Crisis of Conscience and In Search of Chrisitian Freedom a few weeks ago. I was angry with myself for having passively allowed such high control dogma to infiltrate my home.

I had never bothered to research JW doctrine and origins prior to a moment of clarity recently when I realized the root cause of why my marriage wasn't quite working (it did in the beginning) not so long ago.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

@ Muddy Waters

I can really sympathize with your comment regarding your Aunt. I, too, have had family that I have marginalized due to my affiliation with the ORG only to see them now and how many of them still regard me as family. Your Aunt loved you as FAMILY. That is why she asked to see you. My Aunt did the same before she passed, she just wanted to see me cause she loved me for me, and must have realized that I was just really screwed up with the ORG crap. I am glad you got to see her before she passed. Don't be too hard on yourself, I am sure she saw through all that ORG malarkey to the person you are within.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Separation of Powers, that was a beautiful comment to me, thank you. There are so many heart-breaking things that we have all gone through from our slavish devotion to that stupid religion. If the GB are truly aware that they are full of bullshit, then they are very evil people.

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

Candace Conti's case really brought to my attention the whole cover up situation which led to my anger unleashing. I had spent a lot of years -well into early adulthood- marching in line and it just pissed me off to know the whole time I was playing straight other people were screwing up BIG time. It was like getting punched in the gut.

• Alive!
    Alive!

it's been a slow burn.

Various articles, recognising a certain tone of voice coming across in the publications and wondering how the hell could I expect people outside of our religious community to be attracted.....

Remember that appallling life experience where a certain Robert explained that if his witness family had shown weakness by having even a little contact with him when he was disfellowshipped, he wouldn't have been motivated to "return to Jehovah" .

This was recent, not decades ago. Approved and published just last year.

Unbelievable. I flipped!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit