Top Scientist descent from Creationism

by Coded Logic 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

"I believe God used the mechanism of evolution to achieve that goal. And while that may seem to us who are limited by this axis of time as a very long, drawn-out process, it wasn't long and drawn-out to God. And it wasn't random to God."

The problem of starting out with the premise that "God can do anything" is that there is NOTHING that can ever possibly be inconsistent with that position. It is non-falsifiable, non-verifiable, and offers no explanitory or predictive capablities. And something that is an answer for everything is an explination of nothing.

Of course human evolution is consistent with the Christian God, as too would be the direct magical creation like in the Bible, or a second handed creation through a more advanced alien species like the movie Promethius would be consistant too, or any other act of of creation you can possibly think of would be "cosistent". This line or reasoning is a joke - its just taking what we have already observed and trying to plug a god in.

• Perry
    Perry

I agree. Top scientists have descended from Creation

• jhine
    jhine

Not sure why I did not get back onto this thread , some family stuff going on back then maybe that's why .

Yes Cofty I have read that book , though a while ago now , obviously .

Caedes I did not get round to reading the suggested books for the same reason that I did not get back to the thread . Sorry .

Going back over the thread I think that I was just making the point that Science and faith are not at odds with each other . I know most Christians now completely accept evolution of course but that does not necessarily kick God out of the picture .

Christians can be just as fascinated by evolution as Atheists we just have a different conclusion .

Caedes I will try to get hold of the Whale book . Cofty if you read this would you give me the title again ? Save me searching back over old threads .

Jan

• cofty
    cofty
    Science and faith are not at odds with each other .

Yes they really are. They are opposites. Science is on an unrelenting search for truth. Faith thinks it a virtue to believe things in spite of all the evidence to the contrary.

Christians can only do science by leaving god outside the lab and indulging in a benevolent hypocrisy.

would you give me the title again

Which book is that?

• jhine
    jhine

Actually it's books , the ones that you suggested reading on the whale evolution thread .See Caedes post above .

Jan

• cofty
    cofty

Not sure how to find that thread but here is a suggested reading list...

The Making of the Fittest - Sean B Carroll

Endless Forms Most Beautiful - Sean B Carroll

Why Evolution is True - Jerry Coyne

Life Ascending - Nick Lane

Your Inner Fish - Neil Shubin

Evolution, What the Fossils Say and Why it Matters - Donald Prothero

Why Darwin Matters - Michael Shermer

The Greatest Show on Earth - Richard Dawkins

The Blind Watchmaker - Richard Dawkins

The Selfish Gene - Richard Dawkins

• never a jw
    never a jw
    all those scientists are under the control of the wicked one, why should I listen to anything they have to say.
  • jhine
    jhine

Thanks Cofty , I will not have time to read them all , I will if I can get hold of one of them and have a look .

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit