And The Lame Shall Walk

by metatron 7 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

http://www.businessinsider.com/afp-paralysed-man-walks-again-after-breakthrough-spinal-treatment-2014-10

Fantastic! Patient had a severed spinal cord.

Empty promises from the Watchtower made real by modern science.

metatron

• cofty
    cofty

I have just been listening to an interview with the lead scientist on BBC Radio2

It is stunning!

He discovered that cells inside our nose have the ability to regenerate. By inserting these cells into the man's spine it has bridged the gap in his spinal column. It has taken 2 years so far but he is starting to get function back an dis improving every day.

This is a relatively simple procedure that has the potential to be rolled out on a massive scale.

• bemused
    bemused

Amazing. I saw the chief British scientist involved (who gave huge credit to his Polish colleagues) on the BBC. He cautioned that it could take 3-5 years to develop fully, but he was clearly delighted with the results so far. He was asked if it would work for everyone with paralysis and I fully expected to hear caveats about this being a special case, wouldn't necessarily work for everyone etc, but no, he said he saw no reason why it shouldn't benefit anyone disabled in this way.

This news must give great hope to those with spinal cord injuries - let's hope the treatment is developed and perfected as soon as possible.

• humbled
    humbled

This is beautiful. It's not a miracle--it is science. And it's available to all who have injured spines?

• Simon
    Simon

I'm sure there are cases that are better or or not so well suited to the treatment.

Amazing how people using their evolved brains can finally achieve what the superstitions of religion never have.

This is way more credible than any beatified pope's "confirmed" miracle will ever be.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

This is wonderful news. I note that the scientist concerned first wrote a paper contemplating this some 40 years ago.

Science is developing exponentially.

I had a conversation about this with my dentist this morning. As a student he was involved in stem cell research but there was (he said) a lot of pressure about foetal cells from those with a religious bent, for religious reasons.

As a human, I am encouraged that we are progressing as a species.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Absolutely stunning news. This evening drinks are for SCIENCE! And all those briliant people who work so hard to make life better for all humans who are lesser fortunate.

Cheers!

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

A man can walk because of years of research done by dozens of scientists? . . . Well praise Jesus, it's a miracle!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit