Memorial 2015

by ctrwtf 12 Replies latest jw friends

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

So the DW and I a re considering a trip to see some extended familly still very much "in." So to avoid any embarassing situations we wanted to check when the memorial date was. It turns out the first full moon after the vernal equinox is April 4th, 2015.

Here's the good part...it's also the night of a full lunar eclipse. Visible in the USA starting pretty much at sundown. The characteristics of the eclipse will, accdording to NASA's website, a blood red hue.

I can hear right now the wits calling it a "sign in the heavens!" Not much far removed from what our most ancient ancestors must have thought. So much for our species getting smarter.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Totally. This is gonna be good.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Yes I agree, JWs will no doubt put it down to some supernatural phenomenem. Kate xx

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It turns out the first full moon after the vernal equinox is April 4th, 2015. Here's the good part...it's also the night of a full lunar eclipse. . . The characteristics of the eclipse will [be], accdording to NASA's website, a blood red hue.

No doubt this is the "celestrial phenomena".

Doc

• sir82
    sir82

Yes of course US JWs will be all bat-$#!+ goofy over this.

Meanwhile, Asian JWs, European JWs, Australian JWs, etc. will not see the lunar eclipse.

Or is Jehovah an American?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

So much for our species getting smarter.

We are getting smarter, just not all of us.

This is the REAL meaning of "Left Behind"

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Holyshit I didn't know that, damn I thought Armageddon wasn't going to come until the end of next year not in April. Got some stuff I gotta do.

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

There was a blood moon on the memorial for 2014. It has been discussed in multiple threads in the past year.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/272896/1/Blood-Moons-in-the-Passover-being-a-sign-Debunked-pretty-easily

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Holyshit I didn't know that, damn I thought Armageddon wasn't going to come until the end of next year

The Warwick HQ won't be completed until late 2017 or later. Surely Jehovah wouldn't bring Armageddon until that all-important project is completed.

Doc

• St George of England
    St George of England

Just don't forget that the Memorial for 2015 is on April 3rd, NOT April 4th!!!

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit