JW Info-Commercial Memorial Service

by William Penwell 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

JW Info-Commercial Memorial Service

I would have to admit the same.

JWS funerals are mostly about reconfirming doctrines of the faith rather than speaking up for the person who died.

Making note of all the things that person has done or accomplished in their lives and how their efforts benefited others is unimportant.

Some of this comes from the idealogical influence the WTS. pushes about bringing notoriety and praise to a single individual. ( Birthdays ie. )

Thats a no no in Dubland

I've never seen a family member give a brief eulogy at a JWS funeral, its usually one elder in the Hall where the person attended.

Ironically the most awfully thing that person had done in their entire life was probably being entrapped into the corruptly dangerous Watchtower Corporation.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I have to say when spew off one scripture after the other it is only for the benifit of the other brain dead dubs in attendance as like I stated about it just puts off everyone else in attendance that is not a dub.

• Gregor
    Gregor

(posted before, but, I think it is appropriate)

My dear old uncle was rather eccentric when it came to being tight with a nickel. He had plenty of money because he never spent it. Never bought anything 'new' - cars, clothes, tools, you name it. He also liked to check out the dumpsters behind stores, like he would find moldy cheese still in the package. He would rinse it with vinegar and eat it, etc.

Once he found a box of 8 1/2 X 11 heavy paper in bright florescent colors, green, yellow, pink and so forth. On one side various words like SALE! or CLEARANCE! or SUPER VALUE! were printed in big black letters at the top so the store could write in the price, etc. with a heavy marker. This paper had never been written on.

A very much loved older sister died and he was asked by the family to give the memorial service. The Hall was packed. Because the reading glasses he got at the second hand store didn't work very well he had to hold his notes up. I felt like crawling under my chair when, you guessed it, he had written his notes on the back of his florescent paper with the above words facing the audience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit