Heading to Melbourne International Convention right NOW Regular updates live here!

by Witness 007 71 Replies latest jw experiences

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Aw Tik sorry to hear that.

OK... So just short of 1%... They replaced the ones dying off... No increase.

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks for the clarification Jaidubdub!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Steven Lett ... had proof of the kingdoms existance more powerful then the proof for gravity

And what was that "proof"? Just his assertion, nothing else.

This religion has somehow convinced its followers that the word "evidently" is a satisfactory substitute for actual evidence.

It's a pretty interesting psychological phenomenom.

Still, let's not forget: It's still a cult!

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

Funny thing, here in Atlanta Anthony Morris mentioned how they threw a letter away about stockpiling food. They all are using a manuscript talk it appears.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

All my old friends were there. They shun me now. I never even got dfd, just faded. I'm sad for them.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The final talk by Lett was astoundingly manipulative!

He spoke of the "Reality of the kingdom " fairy tales....

The missionaries were all invited to stand in the front of the stage, and everyone waved and clapped for them...(talk about creature worship!) They were all filmed and projected onto the big screens!

After the final "stirring" prayer, Lett walked through the missionary crowd shaking handswere he was mobbed like a rock star...or the pope!

All I could think of was Jesus words: "they are having their reward in full"

• Listener
    Listener

Glad to see you got through it Stuckinarut2 and thanks for your updates.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

And yes....there was Mexican waves in the crowds after the final prayer!

Talk about a new religion!

People would have been dfd for that years ago!

• steve2
    steve2

I'm sure the Mexican wave has less than sacred origins. Is this a thin edge of the wedge?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well Steve, combined with all the disturbing banners being held up everywhere, and the jw.org merchandise being worn....nothing surprises me any more!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit