No more SHARED Territory only PERSONAL Territory

by OwnAccord 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OwnAccord
    OwnAccord

So there's a topic over at a jw site that says that publishers will request personal territories now and that's how the preaching work will be done now. This person is in Turkey and maybe the reason for the chage?

Either way here's what they said:

We have our circuit visit next week. It has been said that each publisher should request for a personal territory so after next week we will not be meeting in the territory anymore.

The details for the switch are getting clearer. The elders have a more detailed letter and explaination and have been givibg us titbits. We shall have it fully rolled out next month.

1. Yes. No more field service meetings AND all literature for the ministry will have to individualy be acquired from the KH.

2. Publishers will now be assigned personal territory but they will still make personal arrangements to work it with another publisher.

3. There will be a person overall in charge of the territory. He assigns the publishers and each publisher reports what happened at each door/gate etc to him. This will probably be a territory assistant aka ministerial servant. He will be kept upto date on the progress or lack of it of each door and each of the people we call on.

4. Territory maps will thus be very detailed and with updated information almost EVERY WEEK.

The above will enable
    *Thorough preaching
    * Ensured follow up including online bible study requests
    * Productive publishers (we now have to account for our time more)
    * increased efficiency (time, money etc)
    * continuity ( See what happened to most of all my calls when I left Turkey)
    * Avoid "Private property or dont call again or else..." homes
    * Always know the "What next"
    * Ensure continued feeding of magazine roots
    * Followup for Householders who move house
    ...and many many more

The list is endless

• Londo111
    Londo111

If is likely to try to decrease Watchtower liability.

In other words, “Oh, the Watchtower or the XYZ congregation didn’t send that child molester to the door…each has a personal ministry. We aren’t involved!”

• sir82
    sir82

Sounds like there is some sort of legal danger, or financial risk, or both, for the WTS Turkish branch if they have organized meetings for field service.

So, to protect their assets, they are changing the method for doing the work.

Or, conceivably, Turkey is the "beta test" for a new preaching method to be rolled out worldwide.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Probably has to do with child molesters in the ministry.

• Justnowout
    Justnowout

Yea theres absolutly no word on this in the USA. Sounds like a problem being addressed in turkey

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

No more SHARED Territory only PERSONAL Territory'

.................................................................................. http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I have commented on this several times. Most JWs and Exdubs are not aware of the flip-flop about "ordained ministers". When the shit hits the fan in developed lands, perhaps due to Pedo cases, the GB can make a similar announcement.

They COULD decree that ONLY "qualified" (LOL!!!) Men are "ordained", everyone else must engage in a "personal ministry" on their own. Although necessary for life, this "personal ministry" will NOT be associated with the WTBTS Inc. on any level. This would add another barrier of protection for the " theological construct" called the GB.

DD

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

This is not new. I have been out completely for 3 years and inactive for almost 4. Before that I was pioneering with a personal territory. The CO encouraged it. I kept the same one for 2 years. I knew who lived where and who to avoid. My vehicle was known by everyone. I really could keep track of everything AND it enabled me to tell the elders where to go...after all...it was MY territory and I knew it and they didn't lol

• blondie
    blondie

There was a time when I was a teenager that many older jws had personal territories, for years the same one. The WTS pried it away from them but they still only went there.

??No field service meetings, no one organizing and demonstrating the "new" preaching/teaching techniques? Recent KMs say differently. No training?

??Always going out with the same publisher...I know pioneers that were counseled severely for doing that...how will jws get to know others in the field service?

It will be easier to get in non existent hours

Of course, we assuming anyone really fills out forms...the service overseer has to chase people down now or make it up

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

There could be a very quick, "scripturally based" change very soon. It's an easy leap from "personal territories" to who is "ordained". Money and circumstances direct Jeehoober the sock puppet.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/251301/1/JWs-are-ordained-Ministers-er-umm-right

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit