What would make them leave?

by Separation of Powers 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

In your experience, what would the ORG have to do that would cause the most people to leave?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

We have debated this before, and unfortunately come to the conclusion that there simply is not one thing that would make many leave.

Whenever we have Threads about why people woke up and left, there are as many reasons as there are Posters. One thing jerks one person awake, but leaves another comatose.

What would have a big effect perhaps would be the sudden combination of a good number of scandals, mainly involving the GB.

One fantasy I have is of someone managing to bug/film a good number of GB Meetings, which if posted on the Net would simply show the Scam up for what it is, but that ain't gonna happen.

We can only hope, but don't waste your life hoping, as with a lot of basically evil things in this world, they will probably survive for many years yet.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Not sure if anything, maybe only of one of the gb were found out to be a child molester and there was proof the Borg tried to cover it up. It would have to be all over the press and then even then most would still stay because their brains have been removed.

I say this because I watched a video of a news report out of California a few years ago where a girl was molested by an elder and even after he confessed but let out of jail do to a technicality the congregation welcomed him back with open arms. These people in this cult are really messed up.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

I agree with Phizzy

even if you bugged years of GB meetings it wouldn't cause an exodus, just a major response from the GB

hell, Ray Franz was a GB member that left and wrot a book and the BOrg is now at 8 million. But the response from the GB to CofC was massive and impacted the writing dept. for years, heck even to this day. I for one believe the Proclaimers book was a direct result of C of C.

if you take all the changes of the past 10 years and list them out they are ENORMOUS. the WTS has completely reinvented itself and the R&F are eating it right up. They're so horny over JW.org and big screens at the DC that nobody even notices the complete absence of any serious articles about blood or the slow depracation of 1914.

When blood is a conscience decision and 1914 is nothing more than the beginning of the "harvest of the wheat & weeds" these monumental changes will go almost unoticed over the lates released tablet app.

I think the entire GB being arrested and imprisoned for fostering pedophiles would be huge. Yes this would create solidarity among the hard-liners but for sure a LOT of JW's would go online and exit the BOrg as a result. Leaving only the most loyal committed dubs among the ranks.

But I guess if they can survive "overlapping generations" they can survive almost anything

• scary21
    scary21

The first thing to come to mind is the trinity. Even a GB rapist would just be one bad apple to them. You know, like Judas.....

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Nothing..

You could completely disband the WBT$ and Individual JW`s would ReGroup and Morph into something else..

It would be Another Version of the WBT$ with a New Name..

....................................."JW.CRUTCH"

..............................................................................http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

I don't think there is anything that would do it. Maybe a bizarre call for mass suicide. Other than something that crazy, the gb is good at making the nonthinking average jw believe all the changes are what they always believed...just "clarified". Any scandal would be disregarded as Satan attacking God's chosen people (a "fulfillment" of prophecy) and may cause some to dig in even deeper.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

If the past is the best predictor of the future, then the combination of a new round of date-setting (that will inevitably fail) and a highly visible coup of the leadership might knock a few loose. The combined failure of 1914 and the JFR's takeover reportedly knocked loose 3/4th of the bible students. The group had less momentum then, though (and was much less controling/culty) so I wouldn't expect to see the same result if it happened again. More like 5-10% loss, tops.

To knock someone out they have to be convinced that any scandal isn't the result of a "few imperfect men" but is a systemic problem. At this point the WTS has so much control over the individual JWs that most won't let them venture far enough into unsafe waters (the internet chief among them) to come across such evidence before shutting it down.

• blondie
    blondie

Gossip, cruelty, judging, lying, about YOU and those you love.........several times, a variety of people, over several years, in more than one congregation. Nothing beats being on the receiving end of the hypocrisy and cruelty. To see elders and family not support you because they are afraid they will lose their status.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

No doctrinal or organizational changes are going to cause a mass exodus from JW.ORG - only a trickle.

However, I confidently believe that forceful demands by the Org (rather than subtle "requests") for Witnesses' hard earned money would separate the wheat from the chaff!! (and we all know who the real wheat is!)

I gave my wife a prediction last night; I told her that the Org will have to come up with a draconian way of dealing with people like us - JW deadwood!

No F.S., no assembly attendance, no ministry school participation, sporadic meeting attendance to keep relatives on-board, & no donations.

JW.ORG is going to get really bolshy with the members.

Time will tell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit