What Kingdom Halls do you know of that have been closed down recently?

by 4thgen 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hoser
    hoser

I know of 9 in my region

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

There is one assembly hall in my area, close to the border with Mexico that stayed empty the whole summer time. No assemblies here or anywhere near the border with Mexico. None of the undocumented brothers, which make most of the congregations in the area, were able to attend the assemblies up north, in areas like Houston or San Antonio. I asked if other assemblies were programmed within driving distance but no one knew of any. Twenty five or so miles from the border with Mexico there are inmigration checkpoints. Those without documents will be deported. Did the F&D slave forgot about this brothers? The Hall is fairly new, less than 5 years old.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

As far as I know the hall my mother in law attends was closed over a year ago, supposedly to build a bigger better new one. They share a hall with another group now but no construction for a new hall has happened.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

There was someone on another thread who knew a CO up in my area, this guy posted that this co told him thier losing a handful of people per circuit every six months. This may explain the planned closing of kh in Spain and why they changed the way they extract funds from the members. People will continue to pledge money for a new kh thinking that someday it will be approved and they will get one but in most cases it will now never happen.

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

Curtner and Plumber Hall in San Jose sold to another church. Held about 3 congregation and the Pioneer school at one time

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

The rumours I have started hearing from a usually reliable source suggest that the society are going to aim for having 4 congs sharing Kingdom Halls from now on, with unused ones sold to raise money. So much for the new fund which everyone sent money to.

• LV101
    LV101

Great news!

Seems there's fewer English congregations in the Las Vegas area. Too bad Watchtower because the Catholic churches and Morman wards get all the moolah here!

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

ScenicViewer, your situation sounds like one in my area. Spanish and English sharing a hall and the Spanish cong was growing fairly quickly. Land was purchased and the congs were making payments for years but it's still vacant after 8-10 years. Been out too long to know the scoop but it doesn't look like there will be a new hall, yet there are no For Sale signs on the property. Maybe when Momma bOrg stole all their savings there wasn't enough left to build.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I have been eagerly awaiting news of a merge of the congs in our area for some time.

We have three separate small and getting smaller congs meeting within twenty minutes drive of each other.

Not if, but when. There will be plenty of turf wars when that happens.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Bella Coola, BC, Canada.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit