Two Tests Before Everlasting Life?

by lambsbottom 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lambsbottom
    lambsbottom

So, even if JWs of the Great Crowd are found faithful and sparred at Armageddon, they still have to prove faithful at the final judgement at the end of 1,000 years, right? Or, are JWs of the Great Crowd assured they will pass the final judgement. Two tests doesnt sound fair!

• prologos
    prologos

it's AFTER the thousand years, and you can't beat the constant test appeal of the WT.

one test in the GT is while your imperfect, the other after the priestly rule, when you are perfect, beyond the reach of Adam's death.

It is really simple, you have life now, live it.

up or down.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS will tell you that the second test is their test as a perfect human, like Adam was.

• pixel
    pixel

Meanwhile, the annointed aka GB and co. get one "test". aha. Sure.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

I think that whole thing is about to change...I mean, if the understanding of Gog and Magog has changed and that happens after the 1000 years, then maybe other things need to be adjusted.

• oldguy
    oldguy

Well if I thought I had a progressive perfection in the new earth I would not want to be under the Watchtower rulership again leading us around in circles.

Many premillenialists just can't wait to rule over Isreal and the resurrected nations during their thousand years.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

The whole 'final judgement' idea is yet another JW fantasy. In my opinion, there will be no Armageddon and no 1000 year 'whatever'. It's all just a made-up theory in order to quell members fear of dying. There is absolutely no real proof that ANYONE somehow manages to cheat death. But the idea of an 'afterlife' is a perfect way for the GB to keep the rank and fie JWs trapped on the Watchtower hamster-wheel. EVERYTHING a JW does is geared to somehow 'surviving' death. Too bad it is all nonsense

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

When I was a teen I was told that after the thousand years that Jehovah would release the devill and his demons for a short period of time to re-test us.

• Comatose
    Comatose

no fair and a pointless test. If god can read hearts then whats the need?

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

I agree with Navytown. It's all fantasy, the giant prize held just out of reach to make the dubbies believe they will Live Forever! It's as crazy as Baptists who teach everyone else goes to that imaginary burning Hell while THEY go to that imaginary wonderful Heaven.

Good grief. Wake up, people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit