GB Doesn’t Believe in 1914 Anymore – My reasoning

by thedepressedsoul 74 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MrTheocratic
    MrTheocratic

The opening post is correct. The current GB does not believe in 1914. All the current updates in understanding prove it. What we are Witnessing is a slow build to a 180 degree change in direction for the organization.

I believe we finally know what happened to Morris. He was not in agreement with all these changes. He most likely expressed strong opinions about it and had to be removed. The fact that he is in hiding makes that theory more believable.

In about 5 years 1914 will be the new 1975.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    thedepressedsoul - “…I honestly believe that they know 1914 is not real…”

’Course they do.

But they’re the WT leadership.

They know it’s wrong…

…but believe it’s true…

…at the same time.

• Biahi
    Biahi

New Light explains everything.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Nathan Knorr said he didn’t believe 1914 was the year that the kingdom was established, but he acquiesced for the sake of unity.

now we are 110 years past 1914 and some are scratching their heads wondering if it was an erred teaching. Really???????

• blondie
    blondie

1914 has been a pivotal date for the Watchtower. The expectations prior to 1914 included it being the end of the Gentile Times, the end of Armageddon, the fall of false religion, the end of all governments, the resurrection, the start of Jesus 1000 year reign and paradise on earth.

Examples of previous teachings on 1914:https://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/failed-1914-predictions.php

With the change in the teaching of 7,000 year creative days, and the dropping of the 1975 teachings, 1914 has little meaning now as the "proof" has gone away too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit