3 John 1:4

by William Penwell 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I lost my mother some time ago. Today my sister throws up 3 John 1:4 "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." Don't any of these cult people undestand when something is emotional black mail? If I was to go back to the relgion just to make my mom happy then I would be doing it for the wrong reasons. I just wished they would leave well enough alone but they never stop the cheep black mail tactics. Any thoughts here? Has anyone else here had similar experiances?

• ssn587
    ssn587

oh yeah, sister from the congregation, in fact I don't go to any anymore, mentioned my absence at the hall by asking don't you want to see your wife in the new system? Yep nothing but emotional black mail. My wife had died 5 months prior to her stupid question. So I told her attending a hall that has absolutely no real love that isn't conditional doesn't appeal to me nor will it let me see my wife again she is dead and never to be seen again.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I'd turn it right around on her and say something like "then why are you walking in untruth?" or "then why don't you accept the truth?"

Maybe you should try to be a little more confident and let them know the problem is theirs, not yours.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

I call blackmailing JWs like your sister 'Emotional Nazis'. They are willing to stoop to the lowest level just to make you feel bad and guilty. They are just following orders and spouting the Watchtower party line. They don't care who they hurt in the process. My advice is to tell her to shut up and piss off!! Why should she get away with treating you like dirt??? The look on her face will be priceless!!!

• talesin
    talesin

It is very cruel and low as a tactic. No matter what your logical mind tells you, it pushes that guilt button and plays on your emotions.

My 20s were such a hard time, and partly, because of this very thing. My father and another "elder" actually came to my house one time, and got me all worked up about my mother being so sad that I would not come back to the Lie. I was crying and so upset, that my ex-husband told them to leave, and never bring up the religion again or they were not welcome in our house.

I'm sorry you are dealing with this.

xx

tal

• talesin
    talesin

PS. Remember - you LOVE your mom, and *that* is what really matters!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Now with hindsight I would say something like : well if you think following a catholic tradition erroniously translating the tetragrammaton as jehovah is the truth then I pity you.

smiddy

• Heaven
    Heaven

Throw back Matthew 10:35. Who wants to walk with this douchebag?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

3 John 1:4 "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth."

It's called 'mind control'.

Here we have an 'appeal to authority' that includes 'loaded language'.

The so called authority being used in this case is the bible. The loaded language is 'the truth(r)'.

It's an enormous leap to get from JWs to 'Truth'.

Sadly, your Mum is only repeating, unwittingly I will guess, the kind of thing the WBT$ has used on her.

She is more to be pitied than scolded. She is a victim of 'mind control'.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

The problem is this: the JW's believe that the "TRUTH" is the BORG/WTBTS...but all the witness that are not awake are not walking in the "TRUTH".

The Truth is Jesus....so as long as they continue to demote him they will never walk in the "TRUTH".

Jesus is the way and truth and light!

Apostates who woke and now have found Jesus are walking in the "TRUTH"

GTTM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit