Tv.jw.org - Average Jdub reaction? I'm getting NOTHING but Silence!

by 4thgen 65 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Very interesting responses on here concerning TV.JW.ORG. Here's my two cents on this :

I really believe that only the devout, fanatic JW's think this TV thing is a good move. Perhaps 25 % from what I've read regarding JW's responses from what people have stated here. About 75 % of JW's who are showing apathy or negative reactions I believe that they are experiencing some sort of cognizant dissonance within their subconscious minds regarding the TV thingie causing them disquieting thoughts within which they keep to themselves out of fear of the elders or WT Society hearing those thoughts spoken from them out loud .

My point is most JW's have read the WT Society's publications in the past over the years dissing or putting down " false religion " of promoting televangelists bilking millions of $$$$ out of church parishioners and members with the GB and WT Society being VERY vocal in condemning televangelists as being greedy, dishonest, and out for their own fame while fleecing and abusing the flocks in " Christendom " of their income and material assets . Could it be that it is causing SOME JW's to question their OWN GB and WT leaders and is causing them within their own disquieting thoughts to think : " Oh my God, are OUR WT leaders doing the same thing to us that false religious leaders do to THEIR flock and members " ?

I think THAT is what's happening here folks. I think that JW's have been SOOO conditioned to condemn OTHER religions fleecing of their own members financially by WT Society mind control rhetoric - that some of that rhetoric is causing SOME JW's to possibly be having unsettling thoughts within their own private thoughts concerning the GB and WT leaders motives regarding JW.ORG. TV. Could be possible in my opinion. Normal JW's will not be very vocal about those doubts due to negative fallout or a possible JC by the elders - but- that doesn't stop a JW within his or her private thoughts to start smelling a dead rat when they smell one either. What say any of ye ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• undercover
    undercover

Could it be that it is causing SOME JW's to question their OWN GB and WT leaders and is causing them within their own disquieting thoughts to think : " Oh my God, are OUR WT leaders doing the same thing to us that false religious leaders do to THEIR flock and members " ?

I watched...well, let's say 'I tried to watch' some of the new tv.jw. It was painful. Awful. Makes Pat Robertson look like George Clooney in comparison. And my first thought was similar to above; dubs are gonna look at this and go, 'omg, our religion looks just like other tv religions. how embarrassing'. But then I realized something that we've all been noticing the last few years: most JWs are just 'on paper' dubs. They're not zealous, or even particularly faithful. They put on a show, to stay out of trouble or keep peace in the family, and go about their daily lives without ever giving JWism much thought. They show up for meetings, throw in a couple of hours of service, help clean the hall, and the rest of the time, they might as well be an outsider. Aside for avoiding holidays, you could never spot them out in the real world, except in service. The vast majority of these phonies will never look at tv.jw.org. They probably don't even look at regular ole JW.org. I'm sure a small minority are shaken, but by and large, most JWs will go about their business and not pay it much mind.

• Legacy
    Legacy

@ Undercover...

I couldn't say it better myself. Most go through the motions...do what is required, just to make sure they won't get a call for not doing FS, commenting, making their meetings & so forth...just enough to get by. I tried to look at it but, thought ...NOT....it makes me sleepy.

Legacy

• sir82
    sir82

I tried to watch some of it.

I found it painfully boring.

I suspect many if not most JWs share my sentiment (although they'd never admit it publicly).

Who would want to voluntarily watch 4 hours of the "annual meeting" when there are hundreds if not thousands of other things to see?

The maniacally obsessed JWs will sit entranced & drooling. The run of the mill "average" JW will shut off Lett's baboon face after 15 minutes and flip over to ESPN.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

sir82 - "The maniacally obsessed JWs will sit entranced & drooling."

Well, since that's probably the only kind of JW the WTS actually wants...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I can't believe those idiots are on stage, singing......

Here is the deal. The WTBTS sucks ass. They have been proven false prophets by the passage of time. No great spirit is helping them. They have always been guessing and when they SEEM correct its Jeehoober. So anywhoo, the GB stayed in the shadows because the mystery suited the purpose of the WTBTS. NOT ANYMORE....

The passage of time has made re-branding necessary. One of the " necessay things " is the GB becoming Rock-Star Popes. The cult was losing steam and the possibility of them getting their asses handed to them in court was too much. They were forced to come out from behind the curtain. They are the reluctant heroes of the WTBTS.

FALSE HUMILITY IS THE HIGHEST FORM OF CONCEIT.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit