Recommend this movie.

by Hairtrigger 11 Replies latest social entertainment

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Gone Girl. I think it's good . Watch it and decide.

• stillin
    stillin

Saw "The Butler" last night. Loved it!

• gopher123
    gopher123

Butler & Gone Girl sucked!

• Simon
    Simon

Live Die Repeat - cheesy ending but like a sci-fi groundhog day.

• talesin
    talesin

I just watched Highlander again. There can only be one!

t

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I read the book; The book was great, although a bit disturbing.

• zeb
    zeb

'At the end of the day' Jenny Agutter and Sir Anthony Hopkins.

'Mrs Henderson presents' Dame Judi Dench.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Zeb Do you mean "Remains of the day"?

• zeb
    zeb

Yep thats the one. Brilliantly caste, set, and acted.

• Strangelove
    Strangelove

Just watched "It's a Wonderful Life." The Capra film. Couldn't all these years cause it was too "Christmas-esque." Finally saw the picture, and my oh my was it wonderful. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Even made me appreciate life more and the people around me. That's the best recomendation I can offer.

Other film I saw was "Pan's Laybrinth." My favorite Fantasy film. And from one of my favorite directors, Guillermo Del Toro. Sure it is surrounded in the rule of three and is a fairy tale based film. Don't let the violent images deter you though. It is a remarkably vivid and immaginative film. The design of the creatures, their movements, the sounds they make. It is all so glorious. The realistic aspects ground the film and contrast with the surprising brutality of both men and monsters. Even if you don't like foreign films, I seriously think, like Amelie, this is worth a watch.

"Apocalypse Now." No words. Just see it sometime. The greatest of all horror films. Even though it may look like a war film on the surface, it is so much deeper than that. The human quality to it. Just magnificent and terryfying in its implications. As much anti war as it is a glorification of it. Feel the exileration with the Flight of the Valkeries scene. Tell me you don't feel both entertained and remorsful. Such an abundence of emotion conflicting each other. I love it.

----

I did see Gone Girl. Read it a few years ago too. (I was one of those.) I enjoyed it. Was uncomfortable with the ending. But I like a good dark ending that leaves me feeling sick now and again. (Night of the Living Dead from 1968 comes to mind)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit