Heaven, where you are?

by free2beme 11 Replies latest jw friends

• MissFit
    MissFit

My husband and I had a similar conversation. He believes that humans are so full of themselves, so conceited that they can not conceive the notion that they will cease to exist.

He says that compared to the universe, we are just a tiny little speck.

We had this conversation after his grandpa's funeral after listening to the Born-again minister's sermon about grandpa in heaven.

The paradise hope is the same thing. Just a denial of the permanence of death.

I think the idea of people continuing something they enjoyed in heaven is comforting to those left behind.

When someone dies, we also lose all of their potential contributions. We only have memories and past achievements.

There are special people that will leave a mark on history and people that will touch someone's life and live on in memory.

Since we can't prove or disprove life after death or a resurrection, the best thing is to live this life like it is our only one. Cherish our loved ones like it is our only chance.

Don't expect do-overs.

MissFit who is still missing her nephew.

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

Here is an interesting article that is not about religion. It speaks about the idea of

Quantum physics proves that there IS an afterlife

There is a thing called consciousness

We think life is just the activity of carbon and an admixture of molecules – we live a while and then rot into the ground,' as humans we believe in death because 'we've been taught we die', or more specifically, our consciousness associates life with bodies and we know that bodies die. Carbon and organic matter wear out and decay.

The theory of bio centrism teaches death as we know it is an illusion. He believes our consciousness creates the universe, and not the other way round, and once we accept that space and time are 'tools of our minds', death can't exist in 'any real sense' either.

Shana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit