My spouse just surprised me

by All for show 13 Replies latest jw friends

• All for show
    All for show

We are both off of work due to sick kids. while cooking lunch he turns to me and says, I don't know anywhere in the bible that Jesus would give dates about the end coming. He said to love, forgive, and love some more. Why are they so fixated on figuring out dates they can't guess? I was in shock and said, well, I think our whole religion is based off of 1914. He said he doesn't necessarily agree Or disagree. I said, well, if 1914 is wrong 1919 crumbles and the GB isn't Gods channel for us. then silence and he said we would talk later.

Where do I go from here? I can't believe he even brought it up.

• 4thgen
    4thgen

FANTASTIC! SO GLAD FOR YOU! Just talk with him and let him lead the way. Sounds like you are both ont he same path! Great! Hugs, 4thgen

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

You've said plenty.

Time to do some listening.

What does HE think. Remember, he is the "spiritual head". Let him do the talking.

I recall your original post and just read it again.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/284849/1/Blown-away-where-to-go-from-here

It sounds like it won't take much to get you both on the same page as far as what to do regarding the religion. Like you, we are both born-ins and have numerous family members who are still "in", thus we walk the tight-rope with our being "inactive" JWs. Bouncing between congregations, both saying we are looking for a new one after having personal issues in the old one, and with much business traveling, so it's not a shock when we are not at the meeting any longer. They just assume (maybe) that we're at the other Cong or we're on business or holiday (we take a lot of those).

Could it be your hubby doesn't realize how far "out" you already are?

Good luck.

Doc

• Terry
    Terry

The entire Organization shoves all its chips into the center of the table on one bet: they are the only mouthpiece of God on earth.

What are the odds to this bet?

The statistic for Christian denominations make JW's 1 out of 41,000 opinions.

A chance of 1 in 41 thousand is a tough bet.

Which is most likely?

If ABC TV broadcasts SHARK TANK and your TV receives MISTER ED . . . something is definitely wrong with your TV set!

All the adjustments you'll be frantically making might indicate it's time to buy and NEW TV.

"I'll wait on Motorola. They wouldn't sell me a bad set." Is that what you'd say? Unlikely! You'd demand a refund.

The few old guys who run this religion have little regard for equality of women, education for the young, charity for the unfortunate, or the deaths of

children who need blood upon a doctor's recommendation. Ask yourself what kind of person puts THOSE things at the top of the list.

The reason JW's set dates for the End of the World is a simple question to answer.

From the very beginning, this denomination was a speciality religion catering to eccentric people.

At first, regular church members broke away from their brothers and sisters because William Miller's predictions about Jesus Advent (2nd coming) were

exciting and scary.

But stop and think! When these predictions were PROVED WRONG (called the GREAT DISAPPOINTMENT) what did they do?

Did they accept the fact they were wrong?

NO.

They kept on guessing!

Pastor Russell continued that nonsense and added other ridiculous bells and whistles: The Great Pyramid, for example.

What kind of crackpot Christian breaks away from fellow believers to follow that kind of nonsense?

Ask yourself that and you'll get the true picture of the birth of Jehovah's Witnesses under Judge Rutherford.

THESE PEOPLE ARE CONTRARIANS and they were (and still are) over eager to be right by making EVERY BODY ELSE WRONG.

Are they humble people?

If so, their opinion has been inflated into the mind-boggling arrogance of calling their opinions THE TRUTH.

Yet, their "truth" keeps adjusting, shifting, changing and not a single leader has the humility to APOLOGIZE or explain why it changes!

A certain personality type is attracted to a religion which INSISTS it has the only true teaching while refusing to explain why

that teaching is never quite right.

Ask your spouse this question:

If you took everything ever print

ed by the Watchtower Society for the first century and compared all of it to what is being taught now--WHY is all of the previous teaching NOT TAUGHT any longer?

All those books are no longer true!

The millions of hours of reported time spent door to door were totally wasted on junk NO LONGER TRUE.

Is this not the very defnition of fraud?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hold your breath for half a second and say, "You are right! That deserves some thought."

Reminds me of the day my hubby called me up and told me seriously he had done some deep thinking and he wanted to stop attending the meetings. I held my breath for a moment, commisserated with his distress, and then suggested he take up a new hobby.

The dancing in the streets came later.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Why are they so fixated on figuring out dates they can't guess?I was in shock and said, well, I think our whole religion is based off of 1914. He said he doesn't necessarily agree Or disagree. I said, well, if 1914 is wrong 1919 crumbles and the GB isn't Gods channel for us. then silence and he said we would talk later.....All for show

Numerology
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Not to be confused with number theory.

Numerology is any belief in divine, mystical or other special relationship between a number and some coinciding events. It has many systems and traditions and beliefs. Numerology and numerological divination by systems such as isopsephy were popular among early mathematicians, but are no longer considered part of mathematics and are regarded as pseudomathematics or pseudoscience by modern scientists. [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ]

Today, numerology is often associated with the paranormal, alongside astrology and similar divinatory arts. [4]

Despite the long history of numerological ideas, the word "numerology" is not recorded in English before c.1907. [ 5 ]

The term numerologist is also used derogatorily for those perceived to place excess faith in numerical patterns (and draw scientifically unsound inferences from them), even if those people do not practice traditional numerology. For example, in his 1997 book Numerology: Or What Pythagoras Wrought, mathematician Underwood Dudley uses the term to discuss practitioners of the Elliott wave principle of stock market analysis.

............................................................................................... http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I think that many mates come to a realization of the sham of WT teaching because someone they love and respect has taken a stand. Their love for this other person is tangible and not a mind game. His love for you has made him receptive, he's been thinking for awhile now about who you have become, however subtle.

Dont know your story so I am sticking my neck out here. Keep up being honest and tactful. Lead the way by showing the love he seeks from you and Jesus. Oh God, I didn't mean to promote Jesus, sorry.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Oh good for you madam!

Dying for this to happen with me and the missus!

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

All for show - not enough hugs in the world right now, that is such wonderful news! Keep holding your breath for now and see where he leads next.

Alexandre - that is also wonderful news! When jws are awake enough to see that the GB actions don't match what they've been preaching, it's an amazing thing.

• Balaamsass2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit