Question about rules within the jw world

by All for show 4 Replies latest jw friends

• All for show
    All for show

The rumor mill and insight from this website has me dreaming of slipping out some, " my friend at bethel ( I have a few but their nobodies) told me coming up they are changing 144k, our name thus the logo changes, and the number of Gb members". Would I get in trouble, could elders legitimately talk to me? who are they if I have info from someone higher up and in New York?

I know it's wise to keep my mouth shut, my family is invisible, when these changes are made I would love to see them all just die that there status wasn't in the "know" first compared to my 'sorry' R&F a$$.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Well there has been some speculation on these changes, I would keep my mouth shut to family or anyone else, unless its to plant seeds of doubt to some one you think may wake up.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I only passed on to hubby stuff I knew to be true. Ever after he would ask me what the latest release was going to be. It built my street cred.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

That's stuff totally hearsay; it will just make you look bad if you're wrong. More importantly, I think you need to consider why you're resentful of the way you're viewed amongst an inconsequential community of people. Move on. Make new friends.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

That's stuff totally hearsay; it will just make you look bad if you're wrong.

There is more wrong speculation posted here than what proves to be correct.

Frankly, I think the Bethel appointed readers who read this site are very careful about what ideas they glean from us.

Ideas get posted here, and very knowledgable people (former JWs) banter them back and forth, take "shots" at the ideas, and dozens of posts provide a free "survey" of how the ideas would fly in JWdom.

One example is that the CO arrangement was going to be phased out. Well, COs are still going strong and have been given more responsibility. However. DOs are gone. So maybe the "leak" was in error only about the CO vs DO part. Or, maybe the original change was going to affect both, but WT HQ decided that wouldn't work. What do you do with all the COs that "know too much"? Easier to find replacement positions for a handful of DOs. Heck, 5 or 6 could be appointed to the GB.

Tread softly.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit