Jehovah’s Witnesses in Sierra Leone stamp out, "false rumors about the source of Ebola".

by Sol Reform 8 Replies latest social current

• Sol Reform
    Sol Reform

Jehovah’s Witnesses in Sierra Leone stamp out, "false rumors about the source of Ebola".

In July, traveling representatives of Jehovah’s Witnesses began making special two-day visits to each congregation in Sierra Leone and Guinea.

The visits feature a talk entitled “Obedience Saves Lives,”

"of the 2,800 Witnesses in Guinea and Sierra Leone, one female Witness who was a nurse contracted the Ebola virus and died on September 25, 2014. Of the 6,365 Witnesses in Liberia, 10 have died as a result of the disease; 6 were health workers."

http://www.digitaljournal.com/life/health/jehovah-s-witnesses-in-fight-against-ebola/article/407788

• rebel8
    rebel8

we also avoid unscriptural burial practices

the traditional burial practice of mourners in Liberia involves bathing, dressing and even kissing the corpse

I'm sorry, WTF?! Since when do jws avoid cleansing, dressing and kissing corpses?! What a lie.

• Sol Reform
    Sol Reform

related -

The writer of the article above, shares his own story.

Digital Journalist Kevin Jess's story of family devotion

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/286583

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

The JW's STARTED the last outbreak!!

• prologos
    prologos

IloveTTATT , the last one? what is your source of that information?, I thought to have read

Jehovah's Witnesses startet the-- FIRST EBOLA outbreak, in the forest.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Latest headline- The rumors of JWs speading BS turned out to be correct.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

1976, 1995, 2014 have been mayor outbreak years. one Witness started the 1995 outbreak

• jgnat
    jgnat

One of the pre-baptism questions:

9 . To avoid transmitting an infection or a potentially fatal disease to others, why should an infected person (a) not initiate public displays of affection such as hugging and kissing? (b) attend the Congregation Book Study at the Kingdom Hall if at all possible? (c) not react negatively when some choose not to invite him into their homes? (d) Why should a person who may have been exposed to an infectious disease voluntarily choose to have a blood test before beginning a courship? (e) Why should one having a communicable disease inform the presiding overseer before getting baptized?

http://www.witness-outreach.com/BaptismalQuestions.html

• rebel8
    rebel8

^Seriously? That is just weird.

Oh, just checked it in context. Makes a *little* more sense now. Before, it's hinting at bloodguilt and a xian's responsibility not to infect anyone. After, it talks about blood. mmkay.

But anyway, they never taught you can't touch or kiss a corpse. Maybe they're saying it now, in the specific situation of Ebola and the like, but it's never been a global thing with them.

Embalming is "cleaning and dressing" a corpse:

Scripturally, then, there is no need for concern if local requirements mandate that the body be embalmed or family members desire that this take place. [wt library]

Another lie. When I was 'in', the lying really bothered me. I wonder why it doesn't bother them enough to leave.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit