Beth Shan House of Princes for the Newbies!

by clarity 8 Replies latest social humour

• clarity
    clarity

Seems a lot of Newbies have not heard about Beth Sarim.

It is called the House of Princes because the men of old

were supposed to come back to the earth & begin ruling!

Of course Judge Rutherford was happy to live there until

they showed up! Well wouldn't ya know they didn't show.

There are many threads about this & Beth Shan. Beth Shan

had 2 bomb shelters built ....there are still some pics of them.

Poor Rutherford was getting scared because of unrest, & war

did seem to be looming ..........guess he forgot about jehoba.

Here just one post to get you interested.

http://orthocath.wordpress.com/2011/02/19/pilgrimage-to-beth-sarim/

Btw.....wonderful to have all you lovely new people joining jwn, waking-up

is fantastic.....a huge welcome to you all!

clarity

• smiddy
    smiddy

A good post clarity , many newbies as well as lurkers are young people , born in or recent converts , who would have no idea about this period of JW history .

Jehovahs Witnesses have always maintained they have the "truth" , when they revise their history , as they constantly do , it should be obvious they never had the truth in the first place.

smiddy

• prologos
    prologos

House for the newbies, -resurrected back to reality, to life life = jw.net. facts. et al.

never mind the princes. princesses,

keep the principles.

• clarity
    clarity

Thanks guys......That drunken old Rutherford huh,

don't you just wish you could snap your fingers and

have a big house built for you...ahh Daniel & the boys!!!

clarity

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

For newbies, my family is multigenerational. I heard about the Princes and the mansion when I was a little girl. My mom was so excited to attend the convention at which she was promised she would meet King David, King Solomon, and other favorites. She made a special outfit to meet them. Flush with excitement, my family attend the convention. There was what is now called "new light." She was so disappointed! I find it both funny and sad. How many Americans make dresses and purchase special shoes to meet King David? A WT classic. Kind of sums it all up.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Wow-- reading that was eye opening. Rutherford was a whack job,

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

A whack job with power! My father and mother (many other Witnesses were aware he was a wack job) still were faithful - sort of. They paid high prices for their faith in Rutherford. It is a good lesson about wack jobs and power. At a certain point, the WT Board had a responsibility to challenge the wack job effectively. My father saw plenty at Bethel. So did my uncles. I overheard the family stories as a child. Sometimes whack jobs need to be exposed and told, B"No, I will not condone your actions. I will be a Witness to your wackiness to the masses" Bethel was very small then. The Internet did not exist. Some Beethel powers did not say No. My life would have been easier if my family walked away or even were whistle blowers.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Just to be clear, there were TWO compounds. Beth Sarim and Beth Shan. I am not sure that Beth Shan was ever completed. Either way, Rutherfraud was straight up Kray-Kray!!!

DD

• DATA-DOG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit