So I'm going through a really difficult time right now.

by scaredtospeak 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• @Ish
    @Ish

You guys i misleading this young lady! just because you left the congregation for what ever reasons you had, you decide to misled other in believing your course of life! It doesnt work like that! Admit your pitfalls and mistakes and correct them! Dont misled others!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hi, lsh. I was never a JW. My pitfalls and mistakes are between me and my God. Sometimes I confess to my husband and we forgive each other. What else is needed?

• Onager
    Onager

Hi ish, can you explain clearly how you think the other posters here are being misleading?

Cheers,

Matt.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

ISH:

Simon isn't going to happy about you having multiple member accounts!

Being naughty from day one.

Doc

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/member/106678

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Jgnat, Funny you should suggest geting one dumpy schoolmarm outfit. After my council I raided my mothers closet and borrowed 2 outfits. (One for service one for meetings) After my month of pioneering was over I went back to my previous wardrobe and we moved. scaredtospeak, maybe you could have a few laughs with your mom trying on her most matronly dresses!

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Welcome-- you are so lucky to know at a young age that you don't want to be a Jdumb. Good luck to you! This place is wonderful for getting emotional support from this horrid cult.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Scared...you will always find caring friends here, so I'm happy you found this site. I have daughters a bit older than you so I empathize with your situation.

Most importantly, remember that you are a wonderfully unique being who has a right to bloom in this world. This "religion" of your mother has nothing to do with your personality or your purpose. Try to take a step back and realize that your mom has been misled into thinking her way is the right way. Allow her to have her beliefs while realizing that they really have nothing to do with you. Hard as it may be, try to have compassion for her delusions as that's her reality right now.

As for you...learn to love yourself and remember that you are a precious person in your own right. Find strength as you walk down the paths you will discover as you find your future.

Many hugs for you!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am 62 now and remember my own struggle. My father was very big and abusive. I had to attend at risk of death - no fooling. When he died, I was already versed in protest songs and ideology behind his back so I screamed at my mother that if she wanted me to attend another meeting she would have to have the Newark, NJ police take me in chains while I sang protest songs and went to court. Older teens have some legal rights. It was weird b/c she was scared of me. I was serious. No judge would issue a court order to have me arrested to go to KH-I don't think I never researched it. My siblings and mom went to KH that night and never went to KH again. I stayed home and played rock music with the phone number for the ACLU students rights lawyers close at hand.

I've met people here whose parents kicked them out at a young age. The problem is life seems so slow when you are a teen. I suggest preparing yourself in every way now. You can pay attention to school work, make worldly friends at places your parents can't trace you. So when freedom arrives, you are more prepared. I would knock the age down so that minors have more religious rights. Sadly, I don't think legislators agree with me. Cherish freedom of thought.

Outside of the Witness context, however, my parents taught me good values. Pick and choose wisely.

• Fernando
    Fernando

The gospel versus religion.

Being able to participate in worshipping the god of religion is no privilege at all. You might choose to let them keep their "privilege".

Did you know that your mom would find it impossible to pursue the "Good News" according to Paul, and remain a follower of the Watchtower Organisation?

You could "agree" to a family study of the book of Romans, and focus on the "free gift" of "imputed righteousness" (aka Justification) as taught by Paul. In time your mom will be unable to avoid comparing this with the self-righteousness (works-righteousness) common in the Watchtower.

• ingimar
    ingimar

your mother wants you to have an open mind yet she doesn't want you to take in any outside information. This is not possible. An open mind is just that, open to all thoughts, beliefs and opinions. Only after being open to all of this, can one truly make an accurate decision and pick their own path.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit