UK Data Protection Act

by expatbrit 12 Replies latest jw friends

• nelly136
    nelly136

I remember having report slips, used to stick them in once a month but they were cheap tacky paper kept at the back of the kh with little boxes on and they weren't card (had the consistancy of bad bog roll), just used to stick them in a box at the back of the hall. spose thats the same thing then
    nelly

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Not the same.

The card is kept by the congregation secretary. The data from the bog-roll slips are copied on to the card. A publisher doesn't get to see the card unless he asks but he can't keep it.

Thirdson

• mark menser
    mark menser

Thanks for your replies.

Does anyone know if the signature on the card authorizes them to hold other info - or to pass such info to another congregation without consent. I seem to remember that the clause I signed on the card in another EU country said something like field service data on this card and - (paraphrasing) - anything else that the elders might feel beneficial for my spritual nature. Could someone confirm this and perhaps add their thoughts on whether this is legal.

I am determined to stop them from jdging me on the basis of field service and how much I chose to comment at meetings. I also do not wish them to comment on the mental health of my wife and neither does she (although she still seems loyal to the org or at least believes that every hour she spends on the ministry is for Jehova and not for the org). It is enough that elders here have tried to pressure me to influence her on what medical treatment she should seek.

My wife believes that the best thing is to move to another congregation where we will not mention anything about any health problems to anyone. However I just need a way to prevent them from writing anything. She feels that they would not write anything anyway but I think thats a bit naive.

I do not wish to be judged as spriritually immature at the next congregation. I simply can not wholeheartedly support this org - which means I just wish to keep a low profile and be left alone. Is that so hard to achieve? I also don't want anyone to influence my wife in medical matters. Elders may mean well but they are untrained and can cause so much damage because they believe that the Jehova guides them through the org on any matter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit