Bible Students

by lambsbottom 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ptt7000
    ptt7000

berrygerry this is Jacqueline speaking (ptt7000) very funny indeed. I like your sense of humor! lol

Lambsbottom in answer to your question on my being naive when I became a witness at 12 years old. In those days you went to church. The Bible Students didn't require the children in the meetings with parents but the society introduced this. Then later sitting directly with your parents for indoctrination. I had no choice and I was a very zealous JW. I really was not aware of how treacherous and bad they were until I noticed this thing called the governingbody. I began to get nauseous when they kept saying their name so much at our meetings. (CO lived on grounds and would pop in unannounced) I really left because the policies of the governingbody and most of their doctrine didn't make sense although I accepted it. Now I have freedom and Liberty in Christ an association with persons of like mind and character, free to visit or go to international conventions and others all over. Every convention is on different subjects. Still have hundreds still in in my family. Sometimes it is a nightmare but I have adjusted.

• All for show
    All for show

Was at A Witness gathering tonight and mentioned the Bible Students, everyone looked at me like I was nuts. How do I prove you still exist, website? Do you all celebrate holidays? Do you meet together weekly? I am curious through doing my own research and dissatisfaction with JWs but also, so I can be informed when discussing you BS with other JWs. I guess I am being rather brazen :)

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

I was looking for Thy Kingdom Come to show my family about Russell's Pyramidology.

A sister in my city had an ad online for them, but it was the BS's reprints - to which I explained to her their source. She seemed disbelieving that they reprint the books (She also had originals, but wasn't selling them).

Question for Jacqueline, what do the current BS's think of 1914 and Pyramidology?

• Raphael
    Raphael

I have had a few awesome discussions with the Bible Students here in England . A few years ago I made contact with a BS elder who lives in Kent , Donald Holiday .Very kind man . He would record their Sunday meetings and post them to me every week , for about 2 years . He also mailed me all 6 volumes of Studies in the Scriptures . Thought that was cool . He told me his parents left the WTS after Rutherfords failed 1925 prophecy, so he basically grew up with the Bible Students .

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

It's a smorgasbord of religious delights (or food poisoning) out there isn't it.

You take your pick.

I quite like the Latter Day Saints theology and their ideas about the after-life.

Basically, we are all angels with no knowledge of our prior heavenly existence who have come down to earth to learn moral right from wrong. Then we return to heaven and live eternally there, forever with our family and loved ones, and only the most evil and incorrigible will miss out on that.

The problem of evil explained, and universal salvation for everyone except the most evil - perfect!

• Raphael
    Raphael

Had many discussions with the LDS. Read the BOM, DC, POGP and many of their mags the Ensign . Attended a few of their fireside meetings , which are similar to evangelical cell group meetings and also church meetings . Although a fascinating theology , its all science fiction ;-) I will say I think JS was a brilliant story teller , that's if he wasnt plagiarising as some have accusec him of doing ;-)

• lambsbottom
    lambsbottom

@Raphael:

You read all those LDS publications!

Could have been time better spent! jkjkjk lol

Much love, just messing with ya!

• Raphael
    Raphael

@Lambsbottom : Funny ;-) just think , I could have spent it all standing on a street corner like a numpty next to a trolly full of WT literature LOL. I lover reading what can I say . I have also read all 6 volumes of the Studies in the Scriptures . Have to say I thought DPA , TNC and TKC by Russell were excellent reads . Highly recommended for anyone interested in BS theology , and why JW's are NOT encouraged to read them .

• ptt7000
    ptt7000

Hi everybody this is Jacqueline, I will come back later read thru comments and answer any questions. We could also answer live tonight on our phone in bible study with Bible student elder and all others are men , x elders from Jehovah witnesses. I can tell them you want a question and answer tonight. Go to the site for the phone number it is under wednesday night studies. www.friendsofjehovahswitnesses.com.

I am babysitting 4 grands on fall break and at the dentist all day with them. This is a JW household and I sort of sneak to go on sites. Don't want to cause my son problems if the nanny find out I am a so-called apostate. Family knows I am Bible student as Mom was one. Be back later.

• ptt7000
    ptt7000

berrygerry, the friends site has all the info to the left are articles and to the right are different links. The website is made up for ex-JW only basically.

This is a recent discourse on the Gentile times running out in 1914. The Jews no longer were under nations the Barfour declaration started their freedom and in 1948 Israel became a nation.

Under 1914 times of the gentiles, on the friendsofjehovahswitnesses.com site to the left click on it for what almost all of the Bible Students believe. Also remember we have to make the Bible our own and be convinced ourselves as we believe individually is how Jehovah deals with us. We meet together in homes to discuss encourage and we engage in aavenues of preaching where ever there are people.

Isaiah 19:19-20 is where the passage believed to refer to the Great pyramid of Gezer. I personally have not looked into it in depth as I am not convinced for or against the explanation given by Br. Russell. Not all Bible Students accept things that are not clearlyt stated but will discuss or take note.

ALLFORSHOW: Many didn't believe me either when I said I have found the Bible Students. Rick on sixscreens did 2 phone interviews in 2011- and 2013 General conventions with many Bible Student elders. He still has this listed under Bible Students.

A JW elder called Bethel with a Dawn Bible elder listening and asked how are witnesses to view the Bible Students? The then vice pres. (The elders personal friend) said they are our friends view them as brothers. He was well aware they never died out. An App christian resources will give you discourse from way back until now.

To see actual conventions being held and talks. Click on conventions. This year, (2014) we invited witnesses to view on adobe connect and the board filled to capacity and dipped over in another board to accomodate. They were astonished also.

Many more can answer you directly on the site and we are planning to hold an internet on line question and answer in the future. I will announce here if admin allows it.

We are all working for a common cause here to heal and help each other get over and thru that horrible system we were under. Jacqueline

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit