help me understand: if jesus started ruling in 1914 does that mean we are in the 1000 year reign

by goingthruthemotions 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

So yesterday after the boring meeting i asked my wife.

if jesus started ruling in 1914...does that mean we are in the 1000 year reign. and if that is the case did Aramgedon already come?

Ohhhhh she got mad.....she said.."you are always trying to find fault with the orginization" I didn't say nothing and left it at that.

maybe she will ponder my question. avoided a fight....just through a mental jab.

I would like people thoughts on this.

GTTM

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Yes... Jesus has been ruling for 100 years and 4 days...

• prologos
    prologos

well, you married a smart girl, she recognises that the kindom of 1914 vintage is ample ground for critisism,

The kingdom 1914 is a wt invention, wedged in between the kingdom of god's loved Son and the millenium.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

I was trying to point out to her that no where is the bible does it talk about a pre reign for Jesus.

What a Cult.........chip away at the stone.

GTTM

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

No. While the WTBTS loves to say "Christ's Millenial Reign", this isn't actually the case. The 1000 years applies to the length of time Satan is abyssed, which is the same length of time the those of the first resurrection rule WITH Christ.

Rev 20:4: "And they came to life and ruled as kings with the Christ for 1,000 years"

Note: this never says Christ's rule is 1,000 years. Only their rule with Christ. This could easily go into a discussion of when Christ became king: 1914? Or earlier? Plenty of verses allude to earlier.

• conflicted89
    conflicted89

Wasn't there something about Jesus' rule meaning the JWs are now in spiritual paradise? After the whole purple triangle thing I think they said it started. I might be wrong thinking those two things were linked, it's a while ago and I didn't really understand it even at the time.

If it is linked and your wife comes back with that though, Stuck, you could ask if the JWs being locked up or "persecuted" are in spiritual paradise too. If not, this paradise is not for everyone.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It is a flaw in their theology. The gentile times ended in 1914, and Jesus began ruling, but only in heaven. The 1000 years don't begin until after Armageddon. So there is no real benefit or anything discernible about the end of the gentile times. It only really made sense if the new system arrived as originally expected in 1914

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit