Jehovah on the TV where's the charisma?

by edmond dantes 5 Replies latest jw friends

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Why was someone chosen who by any stretch of the imagination would be the last person in the World anyone would want to present Jehovah's message on this very peculiar TV .Borg. I mean the Governing Body are not showing much sense unless they want to appear totally unlike the run of the mill television preachers if that's the case they didn't have to go to the opposite extreme. I try to understand where they are coming from but to chose someone who has the makings of an alien from the planet Zod is completely baffling.

How is he giving out credibility to anyone remotely interested in the JWs. People will begin to think if he is the best presenter they have what are the rest like. Last point are the rank and file happy with how this guy appears to the average person.

• suavojr
    suavojr

I was asking myself the same thing, where is the charisma, he mumbles, he is terrible at reading the teleprompter and has no business for show business. I forgot how JW's can take a fun activity and turn it into the lamest and most boring event ever. Imagine having JW.TV 24/7 in paradise earth?

• 4thgen
    4thgen

They want the glory of being TV stars. THey probably voted themselves into the role of hosts.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

Sad part is JDubs already lauding the programing all over FB and instagram. Someone even said "I love brother Letts speaking voice". GROSS

• Terry
    Terry

I have watched and listened and thought about this and I think the Borg did an outstanding job of reaching out

to professional advisors and technical people to pull this launch together.

The artificiality of "charisma" is entirely absent--and this, imho, is a wise choice.

Sincerety is detectable more easily than B.S.

I'm sure every person involved was extremely excited about bringing this off.

The music is wonderful and the smoothness of transitions, backgrounds and "tone" is topnotch.

I am--as you all know--a declared enemy of the Watchtower Society and their feckless GB. But, I would be less than dishonest if

I didn't tell my real opinion.

This entire project is merely pancake syrup public relations and the only ONLY people who will slog through it will be

those with stars in their eyes.

Content is zero.

Emotional tone is everything and I feel they hit the nail on the head.

What a terrible pity the REAL Kingdom Hall tone isn't like the video.

All this is wish-fulfillment exercise.

ONCE UPON A TIME we imagined a paradise on Earth under Jehovah's loving embrace--did we not?

Well, this channel is to that false promise what CGI is to Iron Man comics.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I do know that some "in" JWs nevertheless are disconcerted by Lett. I'm surprised they led with him, but then again, who's going to tell him he's too buffoonish to appear on TV?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit