Coping whilst stuck in the org.

by crazyhorse 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

Others have mentioned the importance of a plan. I echo this sentiment. It puts you in the driver's seat of your own life. It is important that you start taking control back. Even if you can't exit right now, choosing to stay gives you a sense of control.

Start building friendships outside the society. This will come in handy later.

"Coping" is something that Witnesses do to tolarate an intolerable situation. Coping hardens the arteries, bows the back, raises blood pressure, reduces testosterone, weakens your immune system and is generally very bad for your health.

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley

I was deep in the JWdom. Gradually working my way out. The progress I have made without drawing attention to myself is far better than I expected. It really helps that so many changes are going on inside and more are comming down the pipe. Keeps everyone else busy trying to sort it out and keep up. Making progress is what keeps me sane. Also knowing I am not alone and can read the simular situations others are in helps a lot! Thanx JWN and members. Now I am going to go find Outlaw's newest post.. I am a visual kind of person! lol

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I like the "game playing strategy". But I would try to make it productive. You could play "BE A BEREAN" by looking for unbiblical or extrabiblical material being presented and take notes with questions to ask your parents/siblings on the way home. "Where is ......... in the Bible or what is the scriptural support for that statement...etc. This might help to alert your loved ones that WT religion is not biblical.

• conflicted89
    conflicted89

One small and petty thing that helped me reaffirm my non-belief without drawing any attention to it... If at a family meal for example and they ask a prayer on the food sometimes its obvious that if you dont say amen you will be noticed. But no one will know if you use the prayer time to reflect that all this bull**** comes from men alone, then shorten your amen to "men". Just try not to spit the word too fiercely ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit