Prediction- JW's will create their own Social Network Site

by Skinnedsheep 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

With their advancement into web based programming and their soon to be broadcast meetings the need for a physical meeting place is quickly diminishing. I predict that the large scale sell-of of Kingdom Halls will begin in the next few years as the people get their meetings online. The one thing that would be missed with a liquidation of KH halls is "upbuilding" association which will force the Society into creating a JW social media app which will not only allow for association but close monitoring of the pubs. The herd mentality will keep most of the pubs from posting anything innappropriate much like people watch what they say when in the KH or in service.

It is telling to see how the brothers and sisters have embraced social media for posting the jw.org nonsense.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Jw's will have to create everything to be no part of the world so they will not be exposed to the TRUTH!!!!!!They did this with their literature and their own bible so it only makes sense..

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Could happen exactly that way.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I could see this happening, but only if people are given accounts by elders. There no way they could allow for the possibility of someone putting fourth an opinion with no possible repercussions. Anonymous discussion is something totalitarian regimes cannot tolerate, because it would give dissenters a (legitimized) forum.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Nope. Not a chance. As mentioned above, totalitarian regimes cannot tolerate open forum discussions. Especially anonymous posters.

Besides, you know we'd troll the shit outta their forum.

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

I'd love to see a JW meet/greet/dating site; a legit one, you know. It's difficult for sisters (all ages) to meet suitable JWs to marry; main reason why so many are going outside to marry nice worldly guys. Not kidding.

GC

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I can certainly see this happening with the way they are going. It ironic how the are embracing the very thing they were slamming 10 years ago. They will be closed forums with elder approved pass words. Everything will be monitored and controlled. If they are wanting to free up the cash in their real estate holdings I can see this process been accelerated. Personally I think it's a good idea as it helps to broaden the horizons and scope of people in the religion. I think it would be pretty cool to talk to someone who's country you know nothing about.

• disfellowshipped1
    disfellowshipped1

They have already started one: Link

Has anyone tried it out yet? Just curious on your take

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

When evangelicals do this, it always looks weird.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Churches like Mars Hill have their own social network. Only approved members of the church have access to it. It could happen in JW.Org land.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit