The way things are going soon the R&F will be allowed to preach on the internet.

by joe134cd 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I have read posts similar to this before. I believe with the way things are heading e.g jwtv that soon someone is going to think well if they are doing it why can't I. I'm kind of getting the feeling that perhaps the F&DS are trying to push it in this direction, with out having to back track on their former policies regarding unofficial Web sites. I can give a recent example of a congregation in Britain that was advertising on the net. Needles to say when an email was sent to them regarding Wt policies regarding individuals on the net the site was promptly shut down. So perhaps their stance on this issue is softening as 10 years ago this would of never happened. How it will effect Wt (if this is their intended purpose) with opening the doors to apostate view points and reform is another matter. Clearly Wt has realized it has to have a stronger presence on the internet and it has reacted.

• GreenhornChristian
    GreenhornChristian

Preaching on the Internet has been happening regardless of council against.

Seems they want everyone to direct them to JW.org and now likely the TV site.

p.s. I wonder if the WT is pushing iPads so much because it makes posting on

jehovah's-witness.net a pain in the arse.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Problem is when they go on the internet many or woken up, the JWs will not condone this form of preaching ever...

• designs
    designs

The GB splashed a little Holy Water on the Internet and now its ok.....

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The biggest mistake they could make would be to encourage JW's to air their wacky views on-line, at least in written form.

In the JW's normal preaching activity they have self-protection built in, they can jump around in conversation, not really answering points and questions raised, and they can fall back on the old "I'll go away and research that" lie.

In a written on-line exchange they will have to consider their words and can be taken back again and again to the question, until they are forced to answer.

Or, as will inevitably happen, they scuttle away, saying that the person they were in conversation with was obviously a "goat" or worse, an Apostate, and therefore they will seek another sucker. One not so well informed.

Can you imagine even the most slick JW taking on someone like Cofty on line ? He would chew them up and spit them out in no time. The danger for JW.Org is that all this would be easy to post on-line and display their stupidity to the whole World.

I do hope they are that silly, it is possible, to adapt a stolen phrase "Nobody became poor by underestimating the intelligence of the G.B ".

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

How about preaching on "Chat Roulette?" As long as they can find a "non-wanker" householder...

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Crofty I don't think it will be the case of encouraging it I think it will be more of been forced into the situation. The way things are moving it certainly looks as though it is heading that way. The F&DS are fully aware of this and it about making the best out of a bad situation. My fear is if that happens with the shear volume of JWS they would easily be able to drown out the voices of sites like this making them harder to find. But then on the flip side of this wouldn't it be fun taking some of these Web sites to task on their religion.

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

What do you mean?! Many of us already count all the time we spend online posting anything pertaining to JWs. Old news!

GC

• hoser
    hoser

one of my pioneer Facebook friends posts jw stuff all the time on his page and I'm very sure he counts time for it.

• poppers
    poppers

Yahoo Answers has lots of JWs posting in the Religion section. Mostly it's cut and paste straight from JW.org. I have no doubt they are counting time doing this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit