Whatever happened has a lesson for us!

by Kalos 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SophieG
    SophieG

This post is meant for those a bit farther away from some of the pain, but yet are still going through long term issues, (maybe for the rest of their lives), related to the JW experience. Try to understand that someday you might just need a post like this.

I agree with this. I think as JWs we never really learned that mechanism to take control of our lives. We were waiting to be directed, looking and trusting people, waiting for Paradise for things to change. Outside of the JW world there is a concept that change comes from within. it may appear that we cannot change an outer circumstance, but we can change how we view things, which in some where way drives a different energy to the situation.

It's OUR story! Not our parents, not our kids or anyone else's! They are our lessons! Every experience is a teacher!

I highly recommend finding a good therapist to JWs because we were so disadvantaged and crippled how to navigate life!

• SophieG
    SophieG

Magnum. It is really not pop psychology. Your answer actually lies in your question. When you go into therapy these are the kind of things you have to contemplate. The goal is to move past what has happened to you so you can thrive and flourish. Not saying it's easy, but if you want to, that desire will push you to want to feel better and let go of all that crap you endured.

i lost 20 years and I was ticked! That anger propelled me to move past things. For me I can never regain what I've lost but I will be damned if I put myself in a situation like that ever again. Now I grab the harnesses of my life and squeeze the best out of what's left.

Here was a question posed to me in therapy: Youre laying death bed, how do you feel? At the time I felt anger and rage over the whole JW thing! Then I said HELL NO! I'm not giving that entity another moment to rob me of my joy! And therein was my lesson! I just may have needed to have that experience as jacked as it was for me to be propelled into living the life I always wanted.

Your exoeriences are lessons.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

sigh . . so much bullshit to ignore . . .

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I enjoyed the post . I agree it may not make sense to some ,but the farther you are from the pain the easier it is to look at other philosophies ,and appreciate a different perspective.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Whenever i see thread titles like this one I always have "cult recruitment drive" flash thru my mind. The OP did little to change that view.

Edit: oh look what i found... http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/285113/1/Three-Types-of-People-and-Their-Destinies

Take your cult activities elsewhere

• done4good
    done4good

I just may have needed to have that experience as jacked as it was for me to be propelled into living the life I always wanted.

Very well put, Sophie.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The opening sentence of the O/P got me

“It was not a total wastage; after all I learned something good about the Witnesses—THEIR RESOLVE to continue with their original claim that they are the appointed channel of God, even when they know in their heart of hearts that they are not

1) It was not a total waste - only a 95% waste?....That is enough for me to call it a waste, although it is true we can always learn something from a bad experience.

2) What is good about doggedly sticking to claims and ideas that one knows at heart are false? That is stupidity

When the penny dropped and I saw that it was false , I had to get out and quit. To do other is hypocrisy.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Yeah- as the Witchtower pointed out, even the camels that brought Isaac's bride to him, represent the magazines carrying the good noos of noolite to the nations...

• Syme
    Syme

Kalos, very interesting post!

Just one tiny objection: amateurs didn't build the Ark; beacause there was no Ark at all. As a man of science (as I suspect you are), you should know that. Professionals did build the Titanic, true, but professionals also built every ship, airplane and vehicle that didn't sink and didn't crash.

Of course, that has nothing to do with your main idea, with which I agree. We should learn from unfortunate experiences of the past; e.g. someone who as a result of TTATT learns to develop critical thinking and avoid any future similar snares, yes, that one has learned from the past. However, a guy/gal who leaves the JWs only to fall in the trap of another organized religion, well, that one didn't learn from mistakes, since they still let religious wackos strip them of their money and their thinking skills.

P.S. Interesting username. It means "good" in my native tongue

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

........"GET OVER IT" Threads are Extremely Annoying..

............................. Strangle The Author..

..............................They`ll Get Over It..

.................................................................................http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit