Everyone asked to take their literature back to the KH?

by MrMonroe 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

May be bullshit or just confusion, but here's a post at a Facebook ex-JW page:

"So last night I performed one of my occasional meeting attendances, and whilst watching the kids and planning my exit strategy in the event of a walking dead style zombie outbreak, I think I heard them read a letter saying that the brothers are now to destroy all old literature in their possession if it's in bad condition, or return it to the elders if it's in good condition, but you can NO LONGER keep any old literature... hmmm"

Anyone know anything about this letter? Real or not?

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

I doubt this is real. We would have otherwise heard it from multiple sources and would have had the letter leaked. This FB poster has been asked for a copy of the letter, yet this request is totally ignored.

• steve2
    steve2

Well if you hear a letter being read by an elder in a meeting, doesn't mean you're given a copy of it, right?

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

there was a letter read not long about the literature except it asked to return any extra literature in good condition back to with Kingdom Halls to use in field service and such. Nothing about destroying old literature, though they did say some of the books will be revised and update in the future.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

there was a letter read not long about the literature except it asked to return any extra literature in good condition back to with Kingdom Halls to use in field service

I've been out of the filth for 3 years plus and I DO remember hearing this kind of announcement when I was a cult drone.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I have not see the actual letter but it was read out in a nearby congregation last week. All it said was to use literature you have at home before taking new literature from the KH, providing it is still in good condition. If you have a surplus of literature that you are unlikely to use then return it to the KH.

They also had another letter about the new Bethel indicating that the donations promised by publishers will be required for some years to come.

There was also a letter read out regarding the new "Bible Teach" book.

George

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

There was a letter read this week to bring back any extra literature that isn't placed.

• Syme
    Syme

I read a similar letter in a bullettin board of a certain KH; similar, not exactly the same.

I posted the info on the following thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/284792/1/Strange-letter-to-local-congregations

What you heard sounds even more serious, though. If that's the case, I hope it will shake some older j-dubs and wake them up. (yeah, maybe I'm just being optimistic)

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Someone creates a thread like this every few months.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

It was an elder's letter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit