Here is the plan

by the follower 21 Replies latest jw friends

• the follower
    the follower

Thank you for the encouragement Kismet. I will let you know if it works.

• the follower
    the follower

RunningMan,
    Thanks for the ideas, but what I like about my plan is that I get the secretary to send it to a friend of mine - that way I get to keep the records and no congregation anywhere has authority over me.

• Kismet
    Kismet

Larc:

As long as your publisher record card remains on file with a congregation, it will mean at least every six months (prior to or during the CO's visit)questions will be raised about that inactive publisher.

If you can get hold of your congregation records and letter of introduction, it means no one is looking for you. No-one missed you at the meetings. You can easily maintain familial relationships, etc.

I prefer this approach over disassociating yourself. Use their methods against them and fall through the cracks. It can prevent unnecessary heartache

Kismet

• larc
    larc

While your at it, you might ask them to send a letter with the records regarding your position in the congregation, level of spiritual maturity, etc. That should be interesting reading.

One more question, if you are not moving how will this work? Don't they know where you live right now?

• the follower
    the follower

"One more question, if you are not moving how will this work? Don't they know where you live right now?"

I will tell them that I am moving back to the congregation I was in before. I hardly ever see anyone from the congregation anyway - as long as I don't go to the meetings they will think that I'm gone.

I think they usually send a letter - yes it would be interesting!

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Never been a JW. Would someone please tell me what kind of records are kept on a person? Are these on each and every member? What about non-baptized? I really need to know.
    THANKS!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Go for it. You've got nothing to loose and freedom to gain.

SS

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I know from personal experience that Kismet is terrible terribly mistaken. There IS a copy of your file in Watchtower headquarters, and now it is computerized.

Kismet, you must not read all the posts on this board, who does I guess. Bill Bowen and Mulan can tell you, and I can tell you, if you are an active publisher your record exists at headquarters. If you are an inactive publisher your record exists at headquarters. If you are dissacociated/disfellowshiped your record exists at headquarters.

AND it's on computer.

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

to answer Auntie Janes question:

in the territiry, as JW's go door to door, they are told by their elders to take special note of certain situations.

one is, if you come across a person who speaks a secondary language as a primary language. In other words, here in the US, a spanish speaking person. We are to obtain their name and address, and to turn that ovewr to the elders IMMEDIATELY, not to wait untill we turn in our time at the end of the month. Even if the person "IS NOT INTERESTED" because "well if someone speaks to htem in their own language maybe they will be more receptive".

Another is, anyone who IS interested, their name and address is to be written down and kept by the publisher. (hardly anyone I know does this, I never did)

As far as bible studies and unbaptized publishers, I don't remember. The organized book and the elder's book is up on the web, they may shed some light on that situation.

In my opinion, Watchtower has no rigfht to keep infor on anyone never a member or no longer a member of their religion. But it is up to each individual to pursue that avenue I think. Hopefully more light can be shed on that by some legal minds here.

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• Kismet
    Kismet

Dung:

You are correct in that if there has been judiciary action taken against a publisher, DF'ed or DA'ed a card is held at Bethel with that information on it. It may well be computerized now but wasn't while I was working in the Service Department.

The information you provided regarding door to door records is accurate but that information is held locally. Foreign language information is forwarded to that particular language congregation of group for their territory maps etc.

Regarding what information Bill may or may not have regarding information kept by Bethel, please be discrete about what is said on public forums. Double check with him before saying more. Thanks.

So to the best of my knowledge unless there has been a drastic change since I left Bethel, average publishers, not holding any position, who are not da'ed or df'ed do not have a file at Bethel. The only other exception to this is if you had exchanged correspondence with Bethel, some of those letters are kept on file.

Kismet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit