They Persecuted Me

by non_trias_theos 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

As a jw, i worked for years among nonjws w no problems. I always got paid. I wasn't treated worse than others were. I also had many jw work contacts. When i started asking sincere questions about the wt to my jw contacts, friends and family, it took a year for all those contacts to disappear. I also wasn't paid for the last jw job i did.

Conclusion: i was and am being persecuted by my former jw friends, congregation and family. It was to a much greater extent than anything i had from the nondubs when i was one. I guess that shows i must be on the right track;)

SS

• termite 35
    termite 35

Persecution?In England?In 2002?i don't think so...
    Teachers looking after children (when they have better things to do) while they sit out of an assembly.

Setting different work for JW children .

Hospitals trying hard to fullfil medical obligations due to JW's unreasonable requests.

Being allowed to 'preach' at all hours, freely.

Being exempt from some local taxes,due to position in circuit.

Freedom not to salute flag etc.

Freedoms gained in justice system.

The right of freedom of religion.

The right not to fight.

Freedom from taxes whilst being a false charity...
    Anyone think of a few hundred more?(I've got children to get ready for bed!)

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Romans 13:3-4: "For those ruling are an object of fear, not to the good deed, but to the bad. Do you, then, want to have no fear of the authority? Keep doing good, and you will get praise from it; for it is God's minister to you for your good. But if you are doing what is bad, be in fear: for it is not without purpose that it bears the sword; for it is God's minister, an avenger to express wrath upon the one practicing what is bad."

1 Peter 3:17: "For it is better to suffer because you are doing good, if the will of God wishes it, than because you are doing evil."

1 Peter 4:14-15: "If you are being reproached for the name of Christ, you are happy, because the spirit of glory, even the spirit of God, is resting upon you. However, let none of you suffer as a murderer or a thief orn an evildoer or as a busybody in other people's matters. But if he suffers as a Christian, let him not feel shame, but let him keep on glorifying God in this name."

Matt. 5:44: "However, I say to you: Continue to love your enemies and to pray for those persecuting you."

• BugParadise
    BugParadise

Non_Trias says:

People are lying about jws and exaggerating their flaws. And there are people in this place who show hatred of God by their actions. They blaspheme God's name and act immorally. But the persecution I is talking about relates to exaggerating flaws and lying about God's people.

"The more toxic the belief system becomes, the stronger the "us versus them" mentality of the organization becomes. The larger the system becomes, the more the addicts will have to protect. As the ministry grows, it will be subject to closer scrutiny, and some of it's toxic beliefs will be revealed as such by those who suspect the motives of the leader, the addicts who follow, and the entire organization. When these investigations into the ministry begin, religious addicts are manipulated into believing that they are being attacked by the enemy. The prudent course would be to admit the mission has gotten off track a bit, and confess the wrongs and bring it in line with biblical teachings. But religious addicts would never do that until every other option had been taken away by those who are perceived to be the enemy."

Toxic Faith--Overcoming and Understanding Religious Addiction, by Steve Arterburn and Jack Felton., p. 175.

~Bugs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit