JW.Org Google Ranking Not Looking Good for WT!

by JW GoneBad 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Hello everyone....what you all may or may not realize. and someone on this board may have a better knowledge about google searching and ranking than i do.

but, from what i understand...in order to get highly ranked on everyones search it is a costly task, which adds up to thousands of dollars if you want to be number 1 on the search.

also from what i understand this ranking and rating is a daily task by the providers of the website and i am pretty sure the BORG doesn't own any companys that provide web sites.

this overall cost will take away from the printed literature!!!!!!!!!

in 5 years we will have very little hard documents to give to the people door to door and directing them to the website...

which is great because it opens all the TTATT.

These are the first steps for the BORG to committ HARI KARI.

it's a Freaking CULT.....I hate the WTBTS.

GTTM

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

What is illustrated by these comments is the significant risk related to the Watchtower when deciding late in the game to embrace the internet. People will surf the internet and find - way to easily - TTATT.

While they may be able to convince diehards not to type the complete name into a search engine, they can't do the same with those who potentially might be converts.

• RetroTherapy
    RetroTherapy

the way google works is that the site that is most linked to with the searched key words will be first, that's a dumbed down explination of it. If you really want something else to pop up, i would suggest that everyone here open a blog and link to jwfacts.com instead...chances are that there are a million different sites pointing to jw.org...they will stay there.

• Simon
    Simon

Google has moved on a lot from the simple link based page-rank system and most results now are personalized based on your own preferences, search history and previous site visits etc... so getting an exact ranking for any site by searching on Google is not very conclusive. At the very least open up an incognito tab in Chrome should exclude your personal history somewhat.

An organization like thw WTS has massive resources to spend on websites just as they did with printing literature. It would have been hard to 'out publish' them so it will be similar online as well.

However, we can ensure that if people are searching for critical information and ex-communities that it's available and Google will make sure they can find it.

^^ What Simon says. Google results are personalized.

Try a privacy enabled search engine. Startpage.com uses Google for the results, but the results aren't based on your history: https://startpage.com/do/search?q=jehovah%27s+witnesses . The first 5 results (should be the same for everyone):

1. Jehovah's Witnesses - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah's_Witnesses

Jehovah's Witnesses is a millenarian restorationist Christian denomination with nontrinitarian beliefs distinct from mainstream Christianity. According to August ...

2. Jehovah's Witnesses—Official Website: jw.org

www.jw.org

Jehovah's Witnesses: Our official website provides online access to the Bible, Bible-based publications, and current news. It describes our beliefs and ...

3. BBC - Religion: Jehovah's Witnesses

www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/witnesses/

Guide to the Jehovah's Witnesses, including beliefs, history, the Watchtower and medical ethics.

4. Jehovah's Witnesses - Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

www.carm.org/jehovahs-witnesses

The Jehovah's Witnesses go door to door, distribute the Watchtower and Awake magazines, deny the Trinity, the deity of Christ, and deny his physical ...

5. Jehovah's Witness Exposed Home Page

www.bible.ca/jw.htm

Exposes the history of the organization, the prophecy blunders, deceptive quoting, doctrinal flip flops, and corruption within the Jehovah's Witness organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit