What exactly do the Governing body(TM) do?

by punkofnice 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

A genuine question really.

Do they actually make desicions or are they simple sock puppets for the lawyers?

Are they just a front (like the Queen is in the UK), with little or no desicion making input?

Do they just give talks and make appearances?

Do they even write those nauseating lies that they 'love the brothers(tm)'?

....well you get my drift.....I think.

• alanv
    alanv

jwsurvey just did an article where it lists various committees that the governing body are on.

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/bethel-leak-three-new-kingdom-songs-and-details-of-governing-body-committees-revealed

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

alanv - Thanks. I will look at the link when I'm on a PC that doesn't block it (I am at work at the mo).

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Seems to me they are making a lot of public appearances and trying to look like they are just "one of the boys". Unlettered and ordinary?

Doc

• jhine
    jhine

I noticed that in the songs there is one tiny mention of Jesus and then not by name . He really does get sidelined . In the hymns of Christendom Jesus gets as much press as Jehovah . Everything is to do with mind control isn't it .

Jan

• a watcher
    a watcher

I think a better question would be what DON'T they do? They are 7 men trying to spiritually feed 8 million people. No one is carrying a heavier load than they are.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

DoC - Are they just a front? Indeed.

jhine - Worship of man ay!?

a watcher - A matter of opinion and confirmation bias methinks.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Figure heads and maybe have some power as to changing doctrine but sugested changes come from someonelse, these new guys are to stupid to come up with anything themselves.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

A Watcher - My heart bleeds for them....

• jhine
    jhine

Punky , yes , if you are a JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit