Meeting With A Very Small Group Of Bible Students Tonight

by lambsbottom 7 Replies latest jw friends

• lambsbottom
    lambsbottom

Just wanted to chat with them and see how they think. Anything I should know before besides the basics?

• All for show
    All for show

How did you find them? Curious how it goes and to see others response. Keep us posted.

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

are you meeting them ? Are you attempting to join them instead of joining a major church ? what do you expect to achive?

• lambsbottom
    lambsbottom

@raymondfrantz

yeah. im meeting with a couple. no, they are wrong until proven right. i expect to achieve broadening my horizons. dont wanna start drinking kool aid anytime soon. however, they are less threatening, at least in their proclaimed beliefs. no heirarchy.

@all for show

filled out information form from www.internationalbiblestudents.com/ and one of them email me.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Expecting the Bible Students to broaden your horizons is like visiting your neighbor's house to borrow some sugar and then claiming you've traveled the world.

• oppostate
    oppostate

Not all Bible Students are created equal :-)))

I've found the Dawnists to be pretty much like loyal die hard JWs stuck in what their literature says they should believe.

I've also found the Boerean Bible Students, New Covenant Bible Students and the Christian Believers Bible Students to be very open and allowing some freedom to be lead by one's conscience and understanding of the Scriptures.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Apognophos - "Expecting the Bible Students to broaden your horizons is like visiting your neighbor's house to borrow some sugar and then claiming you've traveled the world."

* snicker *

• Heaven
    Heaven

Do they think Armageddon is imminent?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit